Thursday, July 7, 2011

What we did for the 4th

Hello blog world.  I'm back.  For now.  I am feeling overwhelmed at the amount of things I need to catch up on so why not start with what we did for the 4th of July weekend.

I love the 4th.  It's right up there at the top of my list of favorite holidays.  I love every excuse to have a bbq, getting together with friends and family, the parades, fireworks, and just the fact that we get to celebrate our independence.  We are so blessed to live in America and have the freedoms that we do.  I'm glad we have a holiday to celebrate all those who fought for our freedom and continue to do so.

I especially like that the 4th was on a Monday this year, we got an extra long weekend to celebrate!  Wahoo!  To start off our weekend, we had some friends over last minute for dinner.  Then we put the babe to bed and Jeff and I relaxed and watched a movie.
Saturday we were able to get a bunch of work done outside, or I guess I should say Jeff was able to get a lot of work done outside while Trey and I watched.  :)  Then some friends of ours watched Trey while Jeff and I went to the movie Super 8.  We enjoyed it.  We followed up the movie with a BBQ with some friends and let me tell you... we had LOTS of delicious food.  Thanks guys.

Sunday was pretty low key.  We went to church and then that evening did some sparklers and poppers with Trey.  The poppers were a hit.



Jeff's brother Andy flew in late Sunday night.  He is a pilot and coincidentally had an overnight in Pittsburgh. I went to bed, but he and Jeff stayed up until all hours of the night playing computer games.  Not my kind of fun, but whatever makes them happy.

Monday morning we had a 4th of July breakfast with the 4th years at a nearby park.  We don't seem to get together as often as we used to, but when we do we always have a great time.



 Trey and his Uncle Andy



Jeff took Andy out to the lookout point over Mt. Washington.  Can't let him leave without getting at least one picture there.

Andy had to leave around 2 that afternoon, so it was definitely a short trip but we enjoyed what little time we got to spend with him.
After he left, we headed down to the point to the 3 Rivers Regatta where they have a bunch of vendors selling all kinds of yummy food, boat races on the river, bikers showing off their skills, and this amazing sand sculpture.

We were able to watch one of the boat races but the one we waited forever to watch wasn't all that exciting.  Oh well.


That evening we went over to our Bishops for a ward barbecue.  He has a HUGE backyard with a perfect view of the fireworks.  Seriously, I don't know if the view could get much better than that. 

Trey loved the fireworks and was a champ all night considering we kept him up way past his bedtime.  By the end of the night we were all exhausted and went straight home to bed.  What a good day.

I was sad to miss out on the annual Lewiston parade this year as well as watching the Stadium fireworks with my family out by the Lee's parking lot, but this was definitely a close second.  I will take it.

Happy belated 4th everyone!!

1 comment:

Angie said...

Sounds like lots of fun guys!! I loved the video of Trey he is getting so big... and cuter by the day. Is that possible??

Love ya lots!