Thursday, July 14, 2011

16 Months

I had every intention of doing a 15 month post for Trey but that just didn't happen... so a 16 month post it is.

Trey sure is a bundle of fun lately.  I'm starting to see more and more of his cute little personality come out and I love it.  Every day he does something new that cracks me up.  Like this dance to the intro of Barney...  every time this song comes on his face just lights up and he gets so excited.



This is mostly just the first 20 seconds or so.


Of course the best dances I never capture on video, but this gives you an idea.
{And yes, I really despise Barney, but it sure makes this little guy happy}

At Trey's 15 month appt.
He weighed: 26lb 8oz (75th percentile)
His height: 32.25" (85th percentile)

He's definitely slowing down and starting to even out a little.  I wasn't sure that was ever going to happen!

I attempted a few pictures when he was 15 months and this was the only half decent one I got.  He would NOT sit still on that chair, let alone smile.
(Oh and his hair, ha, I tried spiking it and he just doesn't have enough hair yet to do that.  Darn.)

He is getting smarter and smarter lately.  I think he is starting to understand more and more what I say.  Not to mention he's becoming quite helpful.  If I tell him to throw something away, he will do it.  If I ask him to go get me something (usually the remote or my phone) he will do it.  Gosh, that makes me sound lazy.  But who wouldn't like their own little sidekick to do little tasks for them.  If I ask him to help me clean up his room and put his books and toys away, he does it.  And he not only does it, but he WANTS to do it.  He's always so proud of himself when he does little favors for me or Jeff.  Lately he wants to be the one to throw his diaper away, he gets mad if I don't let him.

Trey is becoming more and more independent.  He's not my little baby anymore and it kind of makes me sad.  He wants to do things on his own and often acts like he's the one in charge.  Like at church, he wanders around like he's knows right where everything is and just where he wants to go.  It's becoming quite the challenge keeping him away from the gym (where the balls are) and the drinking fountain.

 Trey STILL loves all balls and loves to be held while Jeff plays basketball.  I think he could do that all day.  He's really into books lately and often demands that I give him his books in his crib when he wakes up from his naps.  I love to watch him sit and turn the pages.

Trey will try and say things but none of it makes any sense. When he wants something he will point and say "uh."  I think it's gonna be a while before he learns how to talk.  One thing he does know is all of his animal sounds.  He's got those pretty much mastered.  We've taught him how to sign a few things which makes communicating a little easier.

Our little guy is a good little sleeper.  He really likes me to rock him and sing to him before he goes to bed and I can't resist the 5-10 min of cuddle time. We are still juggling between the 1-2 naps, I can't decide which one I like better.  He has gotten to be quite the picky eater which is so frustrating... and I'm afraid it's only gonna get worse.  He loves to be outside and loves when we take him on walks.


Basically we just love this little guy.  I could eat him right up!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is the absolute cutest! Can't wait for your visit next month.
Grandma Kathie

Cade + Tosha said...

he is such a cutie kimmers! he's growing up so fast! also your hawaii slash long post was awesome :) i'm commenting here though. why dont you and jeff take all of us (your besties) to hawaii with you next time sheesh!