Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Utah. Hawaii. AND ........

Finally.  The Hawaii post.  The unfortunate part of me blogging about this 3 months after the fact is that I can only remember the things we did that I took a picture of.  But don't worry, I took plenty of pictures.  In fact this will probably be the longest post of your life.  Are you ready?

I flew home with Trey a week early so I could get him a little adjusted to my family and to his surroundings before I just took off to Hawaii.  Plus I got an extra week out of my vacation.  :)

Our week was spent:

Celebrating Easter with both sides of the fam...

Easter Egg Hunt at the Falslevs

And dinner at Grammy's with the whole Anderson/Western/Watts clan.

I went back over to the Falslevs later that night to get my nails painted all cute by these girls...
And to get my trash kicked in a game of 3-13 by Ang and Shane.
You're going down next time!!!

Hanging out with my besties...



Going to lunch and Discovery Gateway in Salt Lake...


Visiting family in Centerville...  
And getting to meet Jani's darling baby boy Beckham for the first time.

{We tried sitting Beckham on Trey's lap, and Trey was NOT a fan! haha}
That's better.
Man, Trey looks HUGE!!
And spending lots of lunches at Grammy's.
She makes the best soups!


All in all we had a great week!

Now off to Hawaii!!!!

I left somewhat early Friday morning and had a tearful goodbye with my sweet little boy whom I had never left for more than an evening away.  It tore at my heartstrings, but I survived and the trip was well worth it.  (Even if I did have to call my family 10 times a day to check up on him. :))
A big thanks to my family for being willing to watch Trey.

We spent a total of 9 days in Hawaii at a beautiful resort called Ko' Olina. We went to Hawaii a few years ago as well with Jeff's parents and that is when we did most of our sight-seeing.  So this time we mostly just relaxed and hung by the beach.  What more can you ask for?

We were welcomed by this beautiful sunset the first day we got there.

(A picture Jeff took while on a walk)  He's proud of it.  :)

They were having a Spam festival over at Waikiki that Jeff and I thought we would check out.  Plus he had a mission friend who he was planning to meet up with at the festival.
Those Hawaiians sure love their Spam.

Here is a nice little view from the balcony of our condo.

It really is a beautiful place.  I'm so glad Tony and Kathie have been so kind to take us not once, but TWICE to Hawaii.  We can't thank them enough.

Our vacation wouldn't be complete unless we were treated to a few fancy restaurants.
Lucky for us we got to celebrate our Anniversary a few times.

We drove practically around the whole island (we missed the exit) during the middle of an incredible lightning storm, to meet up with some good friends of the Wegener's.  We had dinner at a beautiful golf course on Turtle Bay.

Some poolside shots.
They have some pretty sweet pools if you ask me.

We got to enjoy a pineapple float from the Pineapple Plantation.
Check out the rainbow!

Got some hamburgers up at the Northshore and looked for crabs.
Waiting for the bus to pick us up.

Jeff and I got to go on a dolphin excursion for going to one of those stupid time-share presentations (that we vowed we'd never do again)... but this time it payed off.

 We saw lots of dolphins and even snorkeled really close to some of them.

Took some pictures on our walk to dinner.

Dinner at the JW Marriot.

Once again, pictures from the balcony.
 
Jeff and I spent a day at the Northshore playing in the waves, checking out the turtles, eating lunch, and my personal favorite... getting a snow cone at Matsumotos.


Check out these videos.  The waves are out of control!


Jeff got caught in the waves and you could see the panic on his face trying to get back to shore. That is why I don't go out there.  I'd probably drown!



Jeff also spent many of his mornings driving into Waikiki with his dad to go surfing.  I bummed out this year and only went in once to watch... and shop of course. :)  We also spent some time at the beach snorkeling and playing in the water.

Our last dinner down by the pool.  Jeff LOVED their fish tacos and couldn't stop talking about them the whole trip.


Our last pic before we took off to the airport.
We flew home on the red eye flight and got home Sunday morning which happened to be Mother's Day.
It was a nice little Mother's Day treat to get home and see my little boy.

And while we were livin it up in Hawaii...
my mom and sisters were taking care of this little munchkin.
Thank You SO Much!!!

The day after I left, Trey got a horrible cold and ended up being sick all week... what are the chances.  I felt really bad they had to take care of a sick baby, but they said he did great despite the nasty cold.  I'm glad they were able to get some bonding time in.

I couldn't have asked for a better reunion with Trey.  I went in to get him up from his nap and he just stared at me like, "is it really you, where have you been??"  Then I picked him up and the first thing he did was lay his head down on my shoulder.  It was so sweet.  He continued to give me a hug for a good 5 min and refused to go to anyone else.  It was a perfect Mother's Day gift.  I just love my little boy.

Before we headed back to the 'Burgh, we got one last lunch in with some of Jeff's buddies and their kids.


And also spent some time with the fam.


What a fun and memorable trip.  I hope we can do it again sometime!!! ;)


AND... 


I AM PREGNANT!!


Due January 13, 2012.


15 weeks today.

if you actually made it through this post to hear the news I am impressed.

We found out I was pregnant on Mother's Day which was another great surprise!  We couldn't be happier!!

14 comments:

Keslers said...

Congrats Kimi that is so exciting!

Traci said...

I only made it through because I think I'm wanting to go back to Hawaii!
And congrats on the news, I was almost expecting it because of the last time we talked, so so exciting! :) Congrats and I hope that you've been feeling well

Becki and Gibb and Sammi said...

Oh how fun! I made it through the post because I am super jealous! I want to go to Hawaii!!! Congrats on the pregnancy :)

Shauna said...

What a fun post. When I saw the title and the AND.... I thought maybe there would be an announcement and there was!!!! CONGRATS!! So exciting! Your little man is adorable!

Nells-Bells said...

SO jealous of your trips and congrats!! we are so excited for you and jeff. p.s. we will plan a mexican fiesta when you come to town next and jeff can cook for us all! sounds like a super plan to me. :)

Jamie said...

that was a long post...good thing I finished it! :)
Congrats! I am super excited for you guys! So any guesses on what you think you are having?

Joni said...

Congratulations! That is so fun! Trey will be a great big brother. I loved the post!

Kylee said...

Congrats you two!! That is so awesome! Also your Hawaii trip looks like it was a blast. I've never been, but I want to go so bad!

Bobbie said...

What a fun trip. Congrats on baby #2. Someday you'll all catch up to me :)

Anneka said...

First, jealous of your trip!! Looks like SO much fun! Second, CONGRATS!! How exciting! I was hoping that's what the AND.. was for :) We are just a few days apart; we're due the 18 :) So excited for you!

laci said...

FINALLY!! I was beginning to think you'd have the baby before you were going to announce it! Hope you're still feeling good and I will always wish we lived closer...especially when we will both have 2 kids so close together! We need to be able to help each other on the crazy days!

Jeremy and Jani said...

trey and buckram's photo shoot together cracked me up. so funny to see trey kicking him off. congrats again on baby #2!

Adam and Jess said...

Congrats on the baby news and making it to Hawaii for some time by yourselves. I can't wait for a vacation like that just the two of us. It seems like there is definitely a baby boom again. Just in Munhall we had 8 out of 11 of the dental wives pregnant at one time. CRAZY. I hope you're feeling well.

Ryan and Kaeli said...

Kimi congratulations!!!! So happy for you!