I'm so glad I was able to go home to my Grandpa's funeral. I debated and debated what to do since both of my kids became miserably sick the day after I'd purchased my tickets home. Go figure. But in the end I decided to go and I'm so glad I did. It was a short trip and pretty exhausting but it was worth it. Kate did awesome on both flights and was a little sweetheart while we were there. (Even with a nasty cold)
I flew in Thursday afternoon around 4 and we stopped in Bountiful for a bit to visit my Grandma Western. She is 94 and still going strong! I can't believe it!
We got into Logan later that night and we had quite the crew waiting for us at home. Only they weren't there to see me... they were excited to meet Baby Kate!
They all fought over who got to put her jammies on.
The next day we spent the majority of the day over at my Grandma's... helping her eat the loads of food that people so generously brought over.
It was sad being there without my Grandpa. I'm so used to him always sitting in his blue chair that it was weird looking over and not seeing him there.
I got to see my friends for a brief moment at the viewing. It was sweet of them to come.
After the viewing we all congregated over at my Grandma's again for more food and then a bunch of the cousins headed over to my Aunt Lori's for games.
And although we may have had a few heated arguments over the game Werewolf, we definitely had a good time. :)
And although we may have had a few heated arguments over the game Werewolf, we definitely had a good time. :)
The next morning there was another viewing and then the funeral service.
All of the kids spoke at the funeral and they did an amazing job. They so perfectly portrayed my Grandpa as the loving, sweet, kind man that he is.
I'm so grateful for the knowledge of eternal families.
I can't imagine how much harder it would be without knowing we will get to be together again someday.
We then headed to the grave sight where he was buried.
I'm so glad they now have a North Logan cemetery. It's so perfect for my Grandpa.
They did an incredible tribute to my Grandpa for his time spent serving in the military.
It was so touching.
Each of the grandkids and Great grandkids got a balloon that we let go at the same time as all of the grandkids who weren't able to be there.
We love you Grampy!!
Many tears were shed and many great memories were shared.
I'm so glad I was able to be a part of it.
After the grave sight we headed to the church for a dinner put on by the ward.
By the end of the night I was EXHAUSTED and fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.
The next morning I packed my bags and headed home to my two boys.
And in case you're wondering if I got to hold Kate much this trip.....
I didn't!
There was never a moment when someone wasn't asking to hold her. I kid you not. It was nice having so much help!
But seriously, who wouldn't want to hold this little girl!?!
By the end of the night I was EXHAUSTED and fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.
The next morning I packed my bags and headed home to my two boys.
And in case you're wondering if I got to hold Kate much this trip.....
I didn't!
There was never a moment when someone wasn't asking to hold her. I kid you not. It was nice having so much help!
But seriously, who wouldn't want to hold this little girl!?!












1 comment:
Just so you know, I loved, loved loved your blog, You didn't even remind me to check it(:
Post a Comment