Easter this year was bitter-sweet. I loved getting to celebrate it with Trey. The joy on his face was priceless while we decorated easter eggs and later had an easter egg hunt. He's getting to the age where holidays are exciting for him, which makes it more exciting for Jeff and I.
The downside to Easter this year was that my sweet Grandpa passed away Easter morning, and on top of that we weren't able to make it to church since Trey woke up that morning caked in throw up. (Literally) Didn't know someone could throw up in the night and not wake up... Yuck!
We later learned he had a double ear infection and the pressure from his ears was causing him to throw up at night. It was also the reason for the days and days of diarrhea. Poor guy.
We later learned he had a double ear infection and the pressure from his ears was causing him to throw up at night. It was also the reason for the days and days of diarrhea. Poor guy.
Not how I envisioned spending my Easter but we made the most of it.
Then on Sunday, Jeff set up an Easter egg hunt for him.
Once he'd find an egg, he'd sign "more" over and over again.
He loved it!
(As you can see...)
We then had egg wars with the found eggs.
And we carried on the Wegener tradition of eggs-ala-goldenrod.
I have to say, it is might tasty!
I was bummed we didn't make it to church since I look forward to Easter Sunday, but it turned out being an okay day. (Besides the news of my Grandpa)
Happy Late Easter!

No comments:
Post a Comment