Sunday, May 13, 2012

Celebrating 5 Years

Yesterday we celebrated 5 years of marriage.
WHAT!?!?
The good news is we are still happy and in love!
We decided to keep the day low key since we have so many other things we need to be spending money on right now.  We did however take our kids to the park, and later for a picnic down by the river.  We wanted to go down by Point State Park and walk along the river but ended up going right in the middle of a Pirates game.  Bad idea.  There was NO parking.  So instead we went down to Southside.

And I shouldn't say we didn't spend any money because we did buy ourselves a new camera (our current one broke) and are planning to buy a double stroller as soon as we can make our minds up on one.  What can I say, we're hopeless romantics!




I have to say we've accomplished a lot over the past 5 years:
 We...
~Moved across the country
~Bought a house
~Had 2 kids (cute ones at that!)
~Graduated Dental School
~Sold our house
~Got a job in Montana

I'd consider it a success!!

Jeff and Trey surprised me with flowers and a really sweet card, both for our anniversary and Mother's Day.  I am one lucky wife and an even luckier mother to have such adorable little kids.  Nothing brings me more joy than my little family.

I can't wait to start this next chapter of our lives with the people that I love so dearly.

Here's to the last 5 years and the next 5 years to come!

My friend wrote a beautiful Mothers Day post that so eloquently portrays the thoughts and feelings of so many mothers.  It touched so close to home for me that I wanted to share it with every mom out there.  (And because she says exactly what I want to say, but don't have the skills to say it so perfectly)  So thank you Taryn!
http://randtpalmer.blogspot.com/2012/05/most-beautiful-mess.html

No comments: