Saturday, May 12, 2012

Miss Kate is 4 months!

 I had good intentions of doing a 2 month post for Kate and obviously never got around to it because she is 4 months old as of yesterday.  I'm doing a horrible job of recording all of Kate's milestones and cute little things that she does so I'm gonna do my best to remember them.

At 2 months:
For the first couple of weeks of Kate's life she had her days and nights a little confused.  She would sleep so much in the day that she had a hard time going to sleep for the night until around 2am.  And then it was hard getting her back to sleep when she'd wake up for a feeding.  She slowly figured it out and now sleeps much better at night.  FEW!
Kate first smiled at me when she a little over a month old.  She has the most adorable little dimples that are going to steal a man's heart someday.
She isn't a huge fan of her carseat.  She isn't like Trey who pretty much slept away the first few months of his life in that thing.  It was a lifesaver.  For Kate, not so much.  She often will cry in the car.
Kate was born with "stork bite" on her forehead.  It gets really dark when she cries or is pooping. :)  The doc says it will most likely go away by the age of 2.
If you talk to Kate for long enough she will usually start cooing back at you.  She loves when give her attention and talk to her.
Kate has had a few 8-10 hour stretches at night which is amazing for a 2 month old, but alas, like every good thing, it doesn't last.  But I can't complain.  She is generally a really good sleeper and will only wake up once or twice in the night.  
She got her first cold when she was 3 weeks old.  Poor thing could hardly breathe, but we got through it and she was such a trooper, didn't complain much.
Kate LOVES bathtime.  She has only cried once when she has been bathed and that was the very first time.  She isn't so much a fan when we take her out and get her dressed.
She doesn't like to have a messy diaper.  She cries if she's poopy for long.
Kate loves to be cuddled and loves to be held, but can also be pretty content for long periods of time without being held.  She loves her swing and spends a lot of her day in there.  When we are out and about Kate mostly hangs out in the bjorn since she only lasts for a short period of time in her carseat.  But she sleeps great in the bjorn so I don't mind.

2 Week Stats:
Weight ~ 10 lbs 2 oz.  90%
Height ~ 21 3/4" 90-95%
Head ~ 15"  90%

2 Month Stats:
Weight ~ 13 lbs 3 oz.  90%
Height ~ 24" 90%
Head ~ 16 1/4"  90%

Kate at 1 month

2 Month pics





Almost 3 months...

3 Months

Almost 4 months...

 
At 4 months:
Kate is such a joy to have around.  She is so easy going and will just go with the flow.
I don't have Kate on any sort of schedule.  I kept debating whether I should put her on one, but have enjoyed so much not having to stress over any sort of schedule that I don't know if I could go back.
She sleeps when she's tired, eats when she's hungry, and goes to bed whenever I feel like putting her to bed.  It's kind of nice.  With Trey I was always worried about when he needed to wake up, when he needed to go to sleep, and how often I needed to be feeding him.  I kind of like the no schedule thing.  It works for her.
Kate is such a smiler.  It doesn't take much to get her to smile.  Especially if you're her mom! :)
The best word I can think of to describe Kate is SWEET.  She really is the sweetest little thing.  And most people who have met her will tell you the same thing.
Kate has just started blowing bubbles and making noises with her tongue.  I often can get her to mimick me and it is pretty darn cute.
Kate was born with a clogged tear duct in her left eye.  I felt like I was constantly having to wipe it with a warm washcloth to clear all the goop out of her eye.  It would get a lot worse when she was sick.  I kept wondering how long it would take to unclog and a couple days after I got back from Utah I noticed it was better.  Yahoo!!
Kate LOVES to have a soft blanket next to her face when she is going to sleep.  She nuzzles her little head right into it and will often go right to sleep.  I'm so glad I figured that trick out so early on!  Occasionally I get nervous because she will often have her whole face covered by the blanket, but that's just how she likes it!
She hasn't been very consistent with sleeping at night (I guess that's what I get when I don't put her on a strict schedule)  But I'm not going to complain because she always goes right back to sleep.  She typically has her long stretch first (anywhere from 6-8 hours) and then will do either one or two 3 hour stretches after that.  I hate to admit it but I've currently kicked Jeff out of our bed and replaced his spot with Kate, we got sick of having the pack and play shoved in the corner of our room for showings so she's now in my bed until we move and have an actual room for her.  I kinda like my sleeping buddy... for now.  (It's weird because Trey never slept in our room past day 2 of being home from the hospital, funny how things change from kid to kid)
I've been lucky (knock on wood) getting Trey and Kate to nap around the same time.  It has been my only sanity during the day if I can at least have a break or (most of the time a nap) sometime during their naps.
Kate generally takes a 3-4 hour nap during the middle of the day sometime and then 2 or 3 other shorter naps that range from a half hour to an hour.
Kate loves when I put her in the baby bjorn.  It has been a lifesaver with a toddler!
She is good at taking a bottle (again, knock on wood) as long as you make sure it's warm enough!  She's a stinker about the temperature!
Kate loves her binki.
Still not a fan of the carseat or driving in the car.... 
Still loves her baths....
And loves her older brother.  She is pretty entertained by him.
Her first airplane ride she was 3 months old and she did great!  Slept the majority of the time.
Got another blasted cold right before she was 3 months.  I'm blaming it on her older brother!
Overall, Kate has been such a joy to have around.  She has definitely been easier than Trey was in a lot of ways.  Don't get me wrong, she has her fussy moments for sure... but then, what baby doesn't!?

4 Month Stats:  (still waiting on this)
 Weight ~ 15lbs 8 oz.  (80-85%)
Height ~ 25 1/4"  (85%)
Head ~ can't remember but I know it's in the 95%

My friend Carlee captured this picture one day and I just LOVE IT!!
I mean... seriously!?!?

Best attempt at 4 Month Photos...



I've decided it's nearly impossible to get them both looking and smiling at the same time... I need a camera that takes pictures faster than a point a shoot I guess...



 AND.... this is the point where my camera died.  Literally.  Dead.  Guess it's time to get that new camera.... ;)  (I WISH!)
 
gotta love the phone pics.

Kate appears to be so serious in most of these photos but she really is a smiley baby, I just have a hard time getting it on camera!