I never realized when I married Jeff that I was signing myself up for a lifetime of losing.
That sounds bad. Let me explain.
Jeff is competitive. REALLY competitive. And if you think for one second that he's going to allow his wife or anyone for that matter to out-do him or show him up in something... you are wrong.
That's not to say that he doesn't lose on occasion, but he LOVES to win and he's not afraid to let you know it. That's why when I actually do win, the victory is oh so sweet.
One day when I was giving him a hard time for not ever wanting to play games with me anymore (we used to play games a lot)... his response was something like this, "Well it's not that fun when I always win." I was so mad by that comment I don't think I asked him to play another game for a LONG time.
And that brings me to the Wegener Weight Loss Competition.
Jeff started a weight loss competition with his family for any of his brothers and sisters who wanted to participate. 10 of us signed up, including his mom and dad.
We each put 40 bucks into the pot and whoever lost the most percentage of weight at the end of the 8 weeks, gets the cash. Second place gets their money back.
And that brings me to the Wegener Weight Loss Competition.
Jeff started a weight loss competition with his family for any of his brothers and sisters who wanted to participate. 10 of us signed up, including his mom and dad.
We each put 40 bucks into the pot and whoever lost the most percentage of weight at the end of the 8 weeks, gets the cash. Second place gets their money back.
Unfortunately in this particular competition, I didn't win. (sigh) My husband did...but I have to say, despite my crushed hopes of purchasing a new wardrobe, I am proud of him for winning. He definitely earned it.
We both started out doing the Insanity workout. And I'm here to tell you the name rings true. It is IN--SANE. (props to all of you who get through the full 6 week program) We stuck with it for maybe a couple of weeks and then got a little lazy. We kept saying we needed to start up again but it never happened. I stuck to my Jillian Michaels dvd and Jeff played basketball a couple of nights a week. That about summed up our workouts.
There is no way I could have gone to the extremes Jeff did to win. He is nuts. I should have known from the beginning that I was crazy to even compete against Jeff. Especially with me nursing and all, I certainly couldn't limit my calories to an absurd amount like he did. As badly as I wanted that money, apparently he wanted it more.
Jeff's sister Angie came in a very close second. She is equally as competitive as Jeff. Playing games with them can get very heated! I get nervous when I play on the same team as Jeff... (Shane I know you feel my pain!) Angie and Jeff were tied at 10% with one week to go... the rest of us were a ways behind. :( I think some of us gave up after we realized we didn't have much of a shot!
I don't think Jeff ate more than 700 calories a day during that last week. I could hardly stand watching him eat! And the day before the final weigh in he didn't eat/drink hardly a thing, and THEN he drank a laxative! I'm tellin you, he's nuts.
I told him he was going to make himself sick and I would have no part in it.
He responded with, "yeah, but I'll get better."
Some would say drinking a laxative was considered cheating, but Jeff was CERTAIN Ang would be doing the same thing... apparently she has a conscience. :) Luckily for Jeff he was a good 6 pounds ahead at the final weigh in that even if he hadn't of drank the laxative I'm sure he would have won.
In the end Jeff ended up losing a whopping 27 pounds with a total percentage of weight loss of 13.12%. Wowzers! That's 4 pounds shy of Trey!
And you wanna know what he bought with his money??
Yeah, I wasn't too happy, but I guess he earned it.
I would have at least spent it on something useful....like clothes. Ha!
We both started out doing the Insanity workout. And I'm here to tell you the name rings true. It is IN--SANE. (props to all of you who get through the full 6 week program) We stuck with it for maybe a couple of weeks and then got a little lazy. We kept saying we needed to start up again but it never happened. I stuck to my Jillian Michaels dvd and Jeff played basketball a couple of nights a week. That about summed up our workouts.
There is no way I could have gone to the extremes Jeff did to win. He is nuts. I should have known from the beginning that I was crazy to even compete against Jeff. Especially with me nursing and all, I certainly couldn't limit my calories to an absurd amount like he did. As badly as I wanted that money, apparently he wanted it more.
Jeff's sister Angie came in a very close second. She is equally as competitive as Jeff. Playing games with them can get very heated! I get nervous when I play on the same team as Jeff... (Shane I know you feel my pain!) Angie and Jeff were tied at 10% with one week to go... the rest of us were a ways behind. :( I think some of us gave up after we realized we didn't have much of a shot!
I don't think Jeff ate more than 700 calories a day during that last week. I could hardly stand watching him eat! And the day before the final weigh in he didn't eat/drink hardly a thing, and THEN he drank a laxative! I'm tellin you, he's nuts.
I told him he was going to make himself sick and I would have no part in it.
He responded with, "yeah, but I'll get better."
Some would say drinking a laxative was considered cheating, but Jeff was CERTAIN Ang would be doing the same thing... apparently she has a conscience. :) Luckily for Jeff he was a good 6 pounds ahead at the final weigh in that even if he hadn't of drank the laxative I'm sure he would have won.
In the end Jeff ended up losing a whopping 27 pounds with a total percentage of weight loss of 13.12%. Wowzers! That's 4 pounds shy of Trey!
And you wanna know what he bought with his money??
Yeah, I wasn't too happy, but I guess he earned it.
I would have at least spent it on something useful....like clothes. Ha!
I would have loved to post a before and after picture of Jeff but he refused to let me take one, probably because he knew I'd post it on the blog. So.... I guess you'll just have to take my word for it. He looks gooood. :)
(He may have gained back 5 of it already... but hey, at least he won... right!?)

5 comments:
ha! that is awesome. Go Jeff! I know what it feels like to lose to your hubby all the time. It sucks. Both of us are so competitive...and its just not fair that Bryan is better at everything than I am! lol. We miss you guys.
Kimi, I love this :) I remember you telling me that you had started this. It seriously sounds so similar to the challenge we did! I was laughing so hard at the drastic measures that were taken. Been there ;) Glad to know there are other nutty, ultra competitive people in this world!!! Tell Jeff congrats :)
Grrrrr... Just makes me all tense just reading about it!! And that whole laxative thing... CHEATER!! But guess what Jeff, I win actually because I'm a pound DOWN from our last weigh in!!!! Love ya lots, but I'm agreeing with Kimi the lamest thing to buy with your winnings that I have ever seen! Can't wait TO PLAY GAMES WITH you very very soon.
hahaha oh but kimi I have some pictures that I could share with your blogging world :) good idea???
haha! that's awesome, so proud of you guys! I did insanity after beckham, still try to do it once and a while if i can bring myself to do it. It is killer. Jeff's sister should have won in my mind because it is a lot easier for guys to drop the weight then girls, and he drank that laxative.
Post a Comment