I've said it a million times already but little miss Kate is such a sweetheart.
I absolutely love her to pieces. Every day she greets me with the biggest smile and it just melts my heart. If I could just freeze her in time I would. I don't want this little munchkin to grow up! I'm scared my sweet little Kate won't stay sweet forever! A mom can only hope....
Of the 20+ hours we spent driving to and from Utah, this little girl hardly made a peep. Seriously. She fussed for maybe a total of 10 minutes the entire round trip. But she did NOT cry. Sometimes I wonder how I ever got so lucky to have such a sweet little girl... and then I'm quickly reminded of my ever so spirited son who has been testing my patience more often than not lately. He made up for what Kate lacked on that trip that's for sure. The Lord must have known two Trey's was more than I could handle for now. :)
There's not a whole lot to say about Kate other than she is just a happy little baby. She has recently learned how to do the actions for patty cake. I actually caught her doing it in the rear view mirror on our way home from Utah. It was the cutest thing! I didn't even know she'd really even been paying attention those handful of times I had done it with her. I guess she picks up on things pretty quick!
She's also learned how to wave bye bye. Although she doesn't do it all that often. She LOVES when Trey plays with her and makes her laugh. No one can get Kate to laugh like Trey can. They are the best little buddies. Trey is so sweet to her and always tries to make her happy when she is upset. She even puts up with him when he tries to sit on her lap or put blankets and laundry baskets over her head. I'll be getting after Trey for little things like that that he does with her, thinking he's surely going to make her cry, but she just looks at him like, "what are you doing??" It's hilarious.
Tonight while saying prayers he scooted over right next to Kate, put his arm around her and gave her the cutest little hug (not knowing that Jeff and I were watching him). Moments like that make me so happy to be a mom. I'm so glad they get along so great right now. I just hope it lasts.
Just in the last week or so Kate is getting her top front incisors, but only on the left side. That makes for 4 teeth total. I'm sure the right two will pop through soon, but for now it looks pretty funny.
She still doesn't have much of an interest in crawling. She's rolling around lots more but doesn't seem to want to crawl. I'm okay with that... a baby that sits in one spot is much easier to watch than one who crawls. So I'll enjoy it while it lasts because I know it's only a matter of time...
I could swear Kate often tries to repeat things we say. I have a hard time believing it since all of that is so foreign to me with Trey. I wouldn't be surprised if she started talking before he did. The fact that she says ma-ma and da-da on a consistent basis is already a vast improvement from our little man. {sigh...}
Kate is on a 2-3 nap schedule right now. She will take a morning nap that lasts anywhere from 1-2 hours (I usually wake her up so she'll take an afternoon nap at the same time as Trey). And then she'll take an afternoon nap that is usually about 3 hours. If it's much shorter than that she'll take a short evening nap before bed. The girl likes her naps! I put her to bed around 8:30 and she'll sleep til about 8:30 in the morning. When I'm lucky, which doesn't happen that often, she'll sleep 10 hours at a time... but most of the time she wakes up once in the night to eat, sometimes twice. It doesn't bother me much because it really only takes about 5-10 minutes and she goes right back to sleep. Although while we were in Utah, her and I shared a room and most of the time after I got done feeding her she would sit in her bed and talk and clap and roll around for a good hour after I fed her. It makes me wonder if she always does that!?
I told you she loves her blankies wrapped around her face when she sleeps...
Kate's stats at her 9 month check-up:
weight: 19lbs 3oz. 65th %
height: 28.5 in 70th %
head: 46.5 cm
I told you she loves her blankies wrapped around her face when she sleeps...
Kate's stats at her 9 month check-up:
weight: 19lbs 3oz. 65th %
height: 28.5 in 70th %
head: 46.5 cm







1 comment:
I talked before Steve.... See, those big brother's need little sisters to teach them the important things!!!
Post a Comment