Wednesday, September 12, 2012

8 months for the babe!

Somehow we lucked out with this one...


She is just the sweetest little thing.  We can't get enough of her.

Kate absolutely loves bathtime.  She gets so excited when she knows I'm about to put her in the tub.  Recently she has started throwing a fit if I put Trey in the tub and not her.  At first I thought it was just coincidence, but nope.  She wants to get in that tub too and she's gonna let everyone know it!!

Kate is in no hurry to crawl.  She's content for now to just sit and watch everything that goes on around her... who needs to crawl when you have a brother who brings you everything you need!

She sure is a picky little eater.  I remember at this point with Trey I was giving him a lot of finger foods and other table foods besides just the pureed fruit and veggies out of a jar.   Kate is really not a fan of finger foods.  She just doesn't seem to care for it, it mostly ends up on the floor rather than in her mouth.  And if I ever give her something new to try she makes the most disgusted face and gags.  It's too bad because I often used things like puffs and mum-mums as a distraction for Trey at things like church or in his exersaucer....that trick doesn't work for Kate.

I'm really hoping Kate is going through a short phase right now with her night time sleep.  She has been waking up way too much this past week (I'm talking anywhere from 4-5 times a night)... and she was doing so good for about a month sleeping almost 10 hours straight!  I keep thinking she's probably teething but I've yet to see anything pop through.  Poor girl just isn't quite herself lately.  I'm hoping to see some teeth soon so I can have something to blame it on.  5 times a night is just too much!!

Kate gets so excited whenever I go in her room to get her out of bed.  Her arms start going a million miles a minute.  It's the cutest thing.  She is for the most part always happy when she wakes up and will often talk in her crib for quite a while after a nap or in the mornings.

Some of her recent tricks include clapping (she doesn't do it very often, but she has done it!), high pitched scream, she says: ma-ma, da-da, ga-ga, and lots of other little noises.  Her most recent discovery is something that resembles that of someone who is just about to halk a loogy (sp?).  I don't know where she learned it, but it's funny.

Sure do love my sweet baby girl.  She makes me happy that's for darn sure!

I am certainly no photographer and don't intend to be... but I did my best trying to get a few shots of her at 8 months.


Good thing I had my little sidekick to help me out.
(my old camera is a lifesaver!)

 These next three are a sequence of events...
Lately, as soon as she discovers that bow on her head that is the end of it.  In this particular instance, she snapped the bow back on her head and that concluded pictures for the day.


Look at those tears!  :(
(You can obviously tell I was feeling really bad if I continued taking pictures... haha)

Take 2





He sure is a cheeseball lately!

And then I tried to take some pictures similar to the ones I took of Trey at 8 months...
Crazy the difference in their size!
Trey was a CHUN-KER!!

And then I took about a billion more because I couldn't help myself...

Happy 8 months baby girl!

3 comments:

Shelly Johnston said...

What cute photos!!! I don't think Kate has enough puffy, fluffy tutus to wear! I love her little smirk!

Libby said...

oh my goodness! she is darling!! i was totally laughing at the bow incedent. so sad and yet so cute. miss you guys!

Benji and Anne King said...

I love all the pics! She is a doll and one well dressed baby. :) Funny how different siblings can be. Trey seems to be a much more attentive and affectionate brother than Carson is at this point. Hope it will get better with time for the Carson man.