Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Trey and Kate

Our kids are growing up way too fast!  I'm having so much fun watching them interact more and more with each other.  I'm really looking forward to the stage when they can actually play together.  Trey is so cute with Kate, I hope they grow up to be good pals.  He gets so excited whenever she wakes up in the morning or from a nap.  He loves to run in her room and then always wants me to put him in her crib with her.  He'll run in and say, "Hi Kee!  Hi Kee!"  He never wants me to take them out.  It is so fun to sit and watch them on the video monitor when they don't know I'm watching.  If she falls over, he'll try and sit her back up... he tries to make her laugh by running around her in the crib or throwing her toys up in the air... he'll cover her up with her blankets and lay next to her... and so forth.  It's pretty cute.  Another thing he has started doing is bringing her a toy if she is upset.  I often don't even have to ask him.

Trey and Kate are quite the opposites when it comes to their personalities and things they like.  Kate has always been more laid back since day one.  She is much easier to adapt to different schedules and is pretty happy and chill most of the time.  She loves the baby bjorn and is always content when I put her in there.  It makes for much easier shopping trips.  Kate is a breeze to put to bed.  Trey always wanted to be rocked as baby and it would often take anywhere from 10-30 minutes to put him to bed.  He's STILL harder to put to bed than Kate and still likes to be rocked for a few minutes.  I really don't mind because I do enjoy that he will let me rock him even as a 2 year old.  I know that stage will pass all too quickly.

I love my sleeping baby...
Kate is sitting up much better on her own.  She still falls over a lot but I think she'll have the hang of it soon.  Trey does his best to try and sit her back up but often just upsets her more.  I find it quite comical.

Kate is eating solids twice a day now.  That is progress.  It was quite the task getting her to open up her mouth and not gag when I fed her.  The one thing we are struggling with is getting her to eat anything that has even the slightest bit of texture.  She eats pureed things like a champ, but if I give her something as little as a puff or even a half of a pee... she will gag and throw everything up.  This happens EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.  It is getting super frustrating.  I try breaking up a tiny little puff into thirds or give her the slightest sliver of a watermelon and she still gags!  I never had this problem with Trey so I'm at a loss.

We enrolled Trey in a program called Early Intervention, and if he qualifies (which he did), will get free therapy until he is 3.  A lady comes to our house once a week for about an hour and works with him on his speech.  She mostly plays with him and does different activities with him, while encouraging him to say different words and sounds.  She gives me a lot of great suggestions and "homework" to do for the week, then we meet again the next week and discuss how the previous week went and so forth.  We are hopeful this will move Trey along the path of talking.



Trey has entered the independent stage.  Lately he has to do everything by himself.  Sometimes it's nice but a lot of the time it can be frustrating.  Especially when we are in a hurry!


The weather has been so great these past couple of weeks.  We have gone on a lot of walks in the evening to soak in the good weather while we can!  Summer is going to be over before we know it and I am dreading the thought.
Jeff and I took the kids to the fair this last weekend.  Trey had a ball.  We were a little doubtful that he would actually go on the rides by himself.  He surprised both of us and wanted to do them over and over.







 And a bunch of random photos of the two of them together.
I am one lucky mom!




1 comment:

Bobbie said...

Kate is starting to look a lot like you. Well actually I think she looks like Marci, but your family :) I'm glad you got Trey into early intervention it will pay off I promise!!!