Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Montana!

Montana has treated us well thus far.  I have finally learned my way around and am feeling more and more confident every time we leave the house.
Our house is finally starting to feel like home.  I'm loving all the extra space that we didn't have in our little house in Pittsburgh.  It's amazing the things you take for granted.  Two of my favorite things about this house include a fenced in yard and a garage.
Another thing I love:  we are only a 5 minute drive to Target and Wal-Mart.

Jeff took us on a little drive when we got here to show us around the city. (since you know, he had A LOT of time on his hands to explore while he was here alone for 2 weeks)

 View overlooking the city of Billings

Trey showing off his muscles



We've enjoyed having a splash park within walking distance from our house.


As well as Lake Elmo that is only about a 5 minute drive.
 This little peanut loves the water.  She is much different from her brother that way.

We finally got a second car!
A mini van was something I'd sworn off long ago.
I am now converted.
I love my mini van!


Have I mentioned we have antelope in our backyard?
Okay, not really in our backyard but close enough!
They roam the streets and fields next to our house... I had to wait the other day on my way to church for a herd of them to cross the street.  It was crazy!
This picture was taken in the church parking lot by our house.

We've been to the library a few times, but it is definitely not in walking distance.  It takes about 15 minutes to get there and you have to pay to park!  Double bummer.  I was more impressed with the little library by my house in Pittsburgh, that we could WALK to!  The good news is they are building a brand new one across the street from the old one, so it should be nice.  I look forward to the day when we can be closer to a Library again.


They do a movie here every Thursday for kids.  It's 2 dollars a person and that includes a drink and popcorn.  Pretty good deal if I say so myself.
We've gone a couple of times.  Trey doesn't necessarily pay attention the whole time but he does well enough that it's fun to give us a little something different to do.
This particular time we went with Taryn and Stella.
These two are becoming good little buddies.
 Kate did great through the movie as well.

We've gotten together quite a few times with our friends the Palmers and the Lowe's.
It sure has been nice already having a couple of friends out here.

 Trey went from having mostly boys as friends in Pittsburgh to now having mostly girl friends.
I think we're in trouble....



 Whenever we go over to Stella's the girls like to play dress up and wear their plastic high heels around.  This is all new for Trey.  I'm not sure he knows quite what to think.

Well the other day I told Trey that Stella was coming over to play, and the next thing I knew he was walking out of my closet with my high heels on!

Jeff is enjoying his job.  He works on average 3-5 days a week depending on the week.  He works long days on the week days and is off by 5 on the weekends, so overall it's not bad.  We're just happy he has a job and we are finally getting an income!  Woot woot!

Our ward is on the smaller side but everyone has been very welcoming and kind to us.  I think we're going to like it here.  Jeff and I just got called as the permanent primary substitutes, and I am also helping serve on the enrichment committee.  Hopefully that will help me get to know more people.

We look forward to our next few years in Billings!

1 comment:

Angie said...

You have been busy with all your updates! But so awesome to read them all. We miss you guys. The kids are getting so big. :)