Sunday, August 19, 2012

Last month in Pitt

 As with everything, all good things have to come to an end.
We tried to cram in a lot of things that last month we were in Pittsburgh.  There were so many things I wanted to do that we didn't quite get around to, like going to one last Pirates baseball game.  Of course the Pirates are having a good year this year and we are missing it!
Here is a recap of our last month in Pittsburgh.

Nicole Gneiting so graciously organized a cookbook that we all helped contribute to.  She put it all together for us to print out and take with us when we move.  I'm so glad she thought of that.  Brilliant, Nicole!  And thank you, thank you, for all the time you put into it.
So of course we had to have a cooking night where we all brought our favorite recipe to share.

Heather, Nicole G, Carlee, Rachael, Randy, Marie, Jessica, Me (Kate), Natalie, Nicole J. (Luke), Jamie (Heath)


Cheesecake Factory.
Last girls night out on the town.  Thanks to Lisa for planning it.
I'm going to miss this place.
Left side: Nicole, Carlee, Kaylene, April, Natalie
Right side: Jessica, Lisa, Heather, Me, Keri

One last trip to the Pittsburgh zoo with the Johansens.
 I got a whole lot of pictures of these two holding hands.
They were the best of pals when they didn't have toys to fight over.  :)

Rachael's baby shower 
(we had our share of showers over the past 4 years!)
Hooray for a girl!
Top:  Elise, Rachael, Carlee, Nicole
Bottom:  Me, Libby, Kaylene, Meredith

One last potluck picnic

Kami (Charlie), Nicole (Luke), Elise, Carlee


Me and Lisa

And our best attempt at getting all of our 4th year "family" in one picture.
We are still missing the Drapers, Pecks, Shumates, Bradshaws, and Bryant.
Nelsons, Johansens, Gneitings, Jensens, Gardners, Westovers, Richins, Grants, Nelsons, Wegeners, Vests (minus Bryant)

If only we could have managed a picture with us and all of our kids.
We started with 9 kids and ended with 32 + 1 on the way.
We nearly quadrupled the amount of kids we had since the first year we moved there.
That is a lot of baby making going on!  haha
(now you know why we had so many showers!)

Another "last" girls night. (we had to have a few of those)
 Top:  Kami, Me, Carlee, Kaylene, Nicole
Bottom:  Rachael, Elise, Meredith, Libby

Last time playing at Brookline Park
 Hayden and Trey

 Jeff and Brett


We couldn't leave without getting a few shots in front of one of the many bridges in Pittsburgh.
You're the best Car!
(I'm sure you can tell which ones she took and which ones I took.)




 I got this awesome action picture of Brett!
 

These pictures are also courtesy of Carlee.
She definitely captured Pittsburgh in all of its glory.
I'm sure gonna miss this beautiful city!



 Last day of Nursery in Pittburgh.
Trey loved nursery.

Last day with the Young Women.
It was a sad day.

I think it's safe to say we made a lot of lasting memories in Pittsburgh, and a whole lot of life-long friends.  But they were more than just friends to us, these people became our family.  They were what got us through our so called journey of dental school.  I cried so hard when I left my family in Utah to move to Pittsburgh.  I wasn't one bit thrilled to move to a city where I knew no one and that happened to be thousands of miles away from the only family I'd known.  If I'd have only known what the next 4 years had in store for us and the people we were going to meet.  I won't lie, at times it was hard and downright discouraging, but I'd have to say these were the most memorable years I've had yet.  I will never forget Pittsburgh and will most definitely never forget the wonderful people we met.

No comments: