I'm obviously playing catch up this past week. Here are Trey's 1 year pictures. We took him to JCPenney and got a few picture, but we haven't got the pictures back yet, so these will have to do for now.
Trey's 1 Year Stats:
Height: 31 1/4" tall ~ 95th percentile
Weight: 25 lbs. 8 oz. ~ 85th percentile (We've made progress!)
Head: 19 1/4" ~ Off the charts
Most of the time Trey is a bundle of fun... the other part of the time he is waking up from naps much too early, and waking me up much too often in the night. I don't know what we're gonna do with this kid. I thought he had it all figured out, but in the past couple of weeks we have gone completely backwards in the sleeping department. I'm really hoping it's just a short phase and that he'll figure it out soon because I am out of ideas.... except for letting him cry, but trust me, I have done that. Way too much of that unfortunately. Who'd have thought by age 1, I would still be stressing about getting my kid to sleep at night! People used to tell me that their kid didn't sleep through the night until they were 9 months. I remember thinking, 9 MONTHS!?! Are you kidding me!? My kid will figure it out way before then! Ha, I am having to learn the hard way.
We are getting into the non-sharing phase, which from watching other parents, has always looked oh so fun. For some reason Trey is only interested in the toy that every other kid has. There could be a million toys around him and he wants the ONE toy the kid playing next to him is playing with. And he's not afraid to let you know it either by his loud grunting. Teaching an only child to share is going to be a fun task... I can already tell. :) Unless of course it's his food... and then he is all about sharing!
Just in the past few weeks my non-cuddly baby has turned into quite the cuddler. He likes to give hugs and will even lay his head down on your shoulder for an extended period of time. I love it! This is one stage that I really hope will last!
Trey's latest obsessions include the STAIRS (have you seen my stairs!?! Yikes!) and helping me with whatever it is I am doing. Aka unfolding my just folded laundry, taking the dirty dishes back out of the dishwasher, emptying my fridge, etc. He is a HUGE help! He also is infatuated with the dust buster and the broom. Anything he sees me doing, he wants to do it too. I suppose if he keeps it up, this might come in handy later on.
We are getting into the non-sharing phase, which from watching other parents, has always looked oh so fun. For some reason Trey is only interested in the toy that every other kid has. There could be a million toys around him and he wants the ONE toy the kid playing next to him is playing with. And he's not afraid to let you know it either by his loud grunting. Teaching an only child to share is going to be a fun task... I can already tell. :) Unless of course it's his food... and then he is all about sharing!
Just in the past few weeks my non-cuddly baby has turned into quite the cuddler. He likes to give hugs and will even lay his head down on your shoulder for an extended period of time. I love it! This is one stage that I really hope will last!
Trey's latest obsessions include the STAIRS (have you seen my stairs!?! Yikes!) and helping me with whatever it is I am doing. Aka unfolding my just folded laundry, taking the dirty dishes back out of the dishwasher, emptying my fridge, etc. He is a HUGE help! He also is infatuated with the dust buster and the broom. Anything he sees me doing, he wants to do it too. I suppose if he keeps it up, this might come in handy later on.
I never knew babies this young could throw tantrums, but as I am slowly learning, MINE can! Does this mean I am in trouble when he is two?? Help!!
Trey is getting so fun to play and interact with. I just love him to pieces. Despite some of the hard times, I absolutely LOVE being a mom. Of course it can be hard, stressful, and exhausting at times, but I am trying to learn to embrace those moments because as I have learned, it will only last but a small moment, and someday I will look back and realize those days were a piece of cake. This is after all what being a mom is all about. Without the bad, it's hard to appreciate the good. So bring on those non-sleeping, tantrum throwing, no-sharing, food throwing phases! I CAN handle it! (I think.) :)
[Jeff says I make Trey sound like a bad kid. He is NOT at all... he really is so fun right now and for the most part always happy. I consider myself lucky to have such a good kid.]
Trey is getting so fun to play and interact with. I just love him to pieces. Despite some of the hard times, I absolutely LOVE being a mom. Of course it can be hard, stressful, and exhausting at times, but I am trying to learn to embrace those moments because as I have learned, it will only last but a small moment, and someday I will look back and realize those days were a piece of cake. This is after all what being a mom is all about. Without the bad, it's hard to appreciate the good. So bring on those non-sleeping, tantrum throwing, no-sharing, food throwing phases! I CAN handle it! (I think.) :)
[Jeff says I make Trey sound like a bad kid. He is NOT at all... he really is so fun right now and for the most part always happy. I consider myself lucky to have such a good kid.]




7 comments:
:) he doesn't sound like a bad kid! he's super normal. He is so dang cute! i can't wait till he can walk so that he can play with Hayden! hopefully trey will love Hayden as much as Hayden loves him :)
So cute! Love the pics and I'm excited to see the ones from JC Penney. I loved seeing the birthday party too because I've been thinking a lot about Carson's upcoming birthday. How are our babies already turning 1 year old?! You did a fantastic job with the decorations and the cakes were so cute too. Wish I were that creative. Happy Birthday Trey!!
He is NOT a bad kid...he is just a 1 year old! And they are busy and "helpful" and learning that they can voice their opinion when they want or don't want something. Kids are just a never ending learning curve! Hopefully the sleep thing can just be chalked up to teething or something. That is always what it ends up being with Stella (she does have about 16 teeth now so hopefully she is done with that for a bit!) Got to love our crazy, busy babies! They really are so much fun!
Hard to believe it's been a year. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TREY!!!
Happy Birthday Trey! You have the best smile ever! And keep getting into as many things as you can, I love hearing about your mom going crazy. :)
Very cute decor and cake/cupcakes! Way to go Kimberly!
Trey you are the cutest little kid! Parenthood is a crazy journey Kimi... isn't it amazing how you can be so frusterated and then your emotions can change just like that when they give you a big grin or hug or something. Totally amazing! Good job on the party decor too Kimi.
You are great, Kimi! And Trey is the cutest! Just remember two things: once you have things figured out with Trey, the next kid will be COMPLETELY different, and two, neither Dusty or Megan slept through the night until they started kindergarten (and Megan didn't usually even after that!). A year is nothing!
Post a Comment