Trey turned 1 last Saturday so we of course had to have a little celebration. We had one on his actual birthday and then the following day we invited a few friends over for cake and ice cream.
I don't know if I've mentioned this already, but Trey is REALLY into balls lately. Basketballs... Tennis balls... bouncy balls... kick balls... you name it. He absolutely LOVES it when you throw the ball back and forth with him. Seriously, if you give this kid a ball, he will be entertained for hours. Even if it's in the middle of the night. (Especially if it's in the middle of the night.) Right Mom? :)
So... I found it only fitting that I made him a basketball cake. Complete with cupcakes that I decorated as baseballs, soccerballs, and basketballs. I've since learned that I will NOT be going into cake decorating any time soon. Don't be jealous of my art work.
I put balloons on his high chair and all he wanted to do was play with them.
So I took them off.
The cake was pretty much a failed attempt... as you will see in these videos. I thought he would dive into the cake and love it. Like usual, I was wrong. It was almost like he didn't want to get his hands dirty. I eventually just gave him a small piece and he enjoyed it for a minute. Although, I think he got more on his face than he did in his mouth.
Untitled from Kimi Wegener on Vimeo.
Untitled from Kimi Wegener on Vimeo.
You can see in the bottom 3 pics, he is clearly annoyed.
I love this picture. He's looking at us in desperation. "PLEASE MOM, WIPE IT OFF!!"
Opening his presents.
All that money spent on presents and I should have just got the darn kid a balloon!!
Ahhh..... Here's my toys!
Happy Birthday Buddy!
We sure do love you!
We sure do love you!









4 comments:
Happy birthday to Trey! You did great with the cake and decorations. So sad that our babies aren't babies anymore :(
Wow, time sure flies! Happy Birthday Trey, he's a cutie :)
2 great minds think alike. :) We planned the same themed party for our 1 year olds. That's awesome! Trey is a doll! Happy Birthday to the little man.
he is so stinkin' cute! mase was the same way...he was obsessed with every kind of sports ball ever made! looks like he had such a great birthday.
p.s. SO SAD we didn't catch you while you were in utah. hopefully next time!
Post a Comment