My sister-in-law Angie, asked me quite some time ago if I'd be up to the challenge of watching her 5 girls while her and her husband went on a cruise with some friends. Of course I told her yes, because on top of getting to spend a week with her 5 girls, I was also going to get to spend a week with my family. At first I was totally excited about this.... but as time went on, I started getting really nervous that I wasn't going to be able to handle 6 kids all at once. And to add to my stress, I would be taking care of TWO babies that are only 2 months apart! Originally, when I had told her yes, Trey was still a wee baby and was not at the stage of crawling around and getting into everything. So I thought, "Sure, no problem!" Ha, little did I know just how difficult he would be! As it turns out, her kids were a piece of cake. It was MY child who gave me a few gray hairs. I guess that's to be expected when you throw a baby, who is used to having ALL of my attention, into a house full of GIRLS who are taking away all that one-on-one time Trey is so used to. BUT, after it was all said and done, I am so glad I did it, and loved every second I got to spend with these sweet girls!
The first day started out like this....
And as time went on....
Went a little something like this.....
[Gotta love the pink high chair and flowery bib!]
I love this face.
She is looking at me like, "what is his problem?"
Poor Lydia tried all week to be Trey's friend. She would give him hugs, TRY to give him kisses, ride on his back, and pat his head.
Trey on the other hand was NOT a fan. His response was quite similar to the picture above.
As long as we kept them entertained and seperated, they were happy.
They quite liked the rides in the doll strollers.
Although Trey appears a little too big for his. :)
Don't worry, they did eventually tolerate each other.... and occasionally even had fun together.
They gave us quite the concert. :)
Don't worry, they did eventually tolerate each other.... and occasionally even had fun together.
They gave us quite the concert. :)
Jadyn and I became the best of buds. I get a kick out of some of the things she says!
She set up a this tea set for her and her sisters to have a tea party when they got home from school.
We ate lots of yummy food...
I made them my grandmas famous swedish pancakes. Complete with fruit, powdered sugar, and whipped cream. They were a hit! (Minus Jadyn who stuck with her good ol' syrup)
And we also went out to eat quite a few times...
I made quite the spectacle walking into a restaurant with 6 kids.
At one restaurant we asked the waitress if she thought these were all my kids and she said, "well yes, I figured you must have had the oldest when you were REALLY young, and I just assumed the babies were twins!"
HAHAHA! Apparently I can pull off having a 13 year old! Scary!
This sweet little girl got some kind of stomach bug and threw up a couple of times, on top of having multiple blow outs. It was so sad. I can't count how many outfits we went through in a week with this girl.
Despite the fact that she was sick, she was still still her happy-go-lucky self. Thank goodness no one else got sick.
Despite the fact that she was sick, she was still still her happy-go-lucky self. Thank goodness no one else got sick.
A few random pics throughout the week...
The girls playing with Tay's new hamster.
Kenna reading to Trey
All ready for church.
I am glad I got to spend a week with these girls. They really were so much fun. I couldn't have done it without the help of the oldest girls. They were a HUGE help!! I hope someday my kids are as well behaved as all these girls were. Ang... you have a GREAT family!! Love you girlies!!
I am glad I got to spend a week with these girls. They really were so much fun. I couldn't have done it without the help of the oldest girls. They were a HUGE help!! I hope someday my kids are as well behaved as all these girls were. Ang... you have a GREAT family!! Love you girlies!!


















7 comments:
Well Kimi, your blog post made it look easy for you! I don't think I could have done it, but sounds like you did great. I am sure it was a good experience overall...even if it was hard sometimes. And just remember...you are (most likely) never going to get 5 at once!
Ahhhh, such cute photos! The one of Trey and Lydia sitting by the fireplace cracks me up! And the piano! I thought Trey and Lydia were looking less and less alike..... Until you see them side by side! Sometimes they look like twins! Crazy!
I'm sure it was slightly more stressful than you let on to. But now you know for a fact that you can handle 6 kids. The fact that they stayed alive and happy is a major plus. :) Way to go!
Ok, those pics of them playing the piano and sitting on the fireplace are so funny! I love Trey's face In the piano one. And I agree with Shelly, they could totally pass for twins! I'm laughing so hard at the waitress who thought they were all yours! It's like the man at the MTC who asked if Cade wanted a picture with his mom...aka ME! What the?
Anyways, so happy I got to see you and Trey even if it was only for bits and pieces. Here's to hoping Jeff gets a dental job close to home. Preston is pretty close! ;)
Oh Kimi I love love love that post of course!! You are the best and my girls will love you forever now!! Thanks for making it so fun for them and I LOVE the pictures. Especially the piano/fireplace ones. AND I love that I have pictures of Kenna with her "new do" because I hadn't taken any of her... and one day I will be able to look back and laugh. Now... not so much! We owe you big time for all your help... and I am still so sorry that you had to clean up throw-up and poop... that is not something an aunt should have to do! :)
So I guess this means you and Jeff can handle six kids (or more!) if you managed all by yourself :) I am glad you got to take a trip home but am even more glad you are back. Hopefully Trey has caught up on all the one-on-one time he needs too!
Way to go!! Did trey handle all the estrogen okay? He was so outnumbered. Looks like a lot of fun.
Post a Comment