Not that I really want to remember this but it might be nice to look back someday when I'm having a bad day and realize... it could be worse!!
The flight to Utah was definitely a day from hell, as I like to call it. It's bad enough that I stress for days before my flight, thinking of all the things that could possibly happen. Unfortunately for me, it seemed that MOST of those things, DID happen to me. Jeff tells me I worry it true. He's probably right. Here is the real quick version of my flight home... and the few days following.
Real bad snow storm the night before we were supposed to leave.
Jeff got our car stuck that night on his way to go play basketball.
Found a friend (thank you Brett) who was willing to drive us to the airport at 5am.
Flight got delayed 3 hrs in Pitt airport, on top of getting there early so Jeff and Brett could make it to their 8am test.
Trey cried a good majority of the 3 hour flight to Denver.
{Did I mention Trey was really sick with an awful cold, and in the process of getting over an ear infection?}
Trey pooped on the plane... and there were no changing tables on the plane. WHAT!? (apparently I should have known this but he has never pooped on the plane before.)
.....At which point I realized I FORGOT the extra stash of diapers I meant to pack in the backpack....at which point I also realized his amoxicillin had spilled ALL OVER my backpack! Lovely.
Missed our connecting flight by 20 minutes.
Next available flight was leaving 4 hours later.
I cried.
So did Trey.
Trudged around the Denver airport in search of diapers. Found ONE for a whoppin 4.99. ONE!! I refused to stoop to that level... so I kept walking in hopes I would get up the guts to ask someone for a diaper. Eventually I found two diapers for 3.99. Hmmph.
Arrived in SLC. (Trey did much better on this flight thank goodness.)
No luggage... No carseat.
They lent us a disgusting carseat to get us home. How kind of them.
It was a perfect ending to an awful day.
We finally made it home at 9pm. (11pm Pittsburgh time) Poor Trey had gone from 5am-11pm with a measly hour and a half total of napping. He was exhausted and so was mommy.
But honestly, despite everything that went wrong, I am so grateful we made it there safely.
So I guess, it COULD have been worse.
[I am sure there are many of you who have had worse or similar flying experiences, I guess we can all sympathize with each other]
The next morning Trey woke up with a rash covering his whole body. This lasted 3 days. Still not sure what it was... but after taking Trey to the doc 3 days later for what was to be his SECOND ear infection in a 2 week period, the doc said it was probably a reaction to the amoxicillin... called an amoxicillin rash.
The good news is he recovered just in time for me to take on 6 kids. I was worried he would get all the girls sick and I was already exhausted from taking care of ONE sick kid. The bad news is he turned into a child I did not recognize. I'm gonna chalk that one up to a little thing called jealousy.
I was a little disappointed because I had plans that week to spend time with my cousin and her new baby, and also my brother and sister-in-law and my nephew Henry. I didn't want to risk Trey getting either of the babies sick, but lucky for me, my brother (who is a germa-phobe mind you) made the sacrifice, and came up anyway. Don't worry, we didn't let Trey get close to Henry. This was the closest they got. Close enough for a picture.
Someday they will get to play together and become the best of cousins.
Every time Carson comes into the room, Trey just lights up. I don't know what it is about Carson, but Trey just LOVES him. It is too cute! I'll give it a few more years and I think I've found myself a babysitter!
Trey also made a new friend with this furry little thing. He used to be a little scared of dogs. Not anymore. He tried giving him kisses through the gate.
The night before we left, my fam did a little birthday celebration for Trey. This would be the first of three. (He takes after his mommy) I don't think of it as Birth-Day... I think of it as Birth-Week! Might as well live it up right!?
Trey was unimpressed by the cupcake. In fact he got mad and pushed it off his tray. Silly boy.
I also got to spend some time with my Grandma and Grandpa. My Grandpa hasn't been doing well the past few weeks so I was grateful to be able to see him and spend some time with him.
Trey wouldn't sit on his lap for even 5 seconds so I could get a picture. My poor grandpa was trying so hard to hold on to him.
My grandma was able to distract him for a few seconds longer.
I made sure I got to see all my girlfriends as well. I went to dinner with them and was lucky enough to be there for my friend Laci's baby shower. Speaking of which, she had her sweet baby girl 1 day before Trey's one year birthday. She is beautiful. It's probably a good thing I'm not there to hold her because I might just have to have one of my own.
The flight home was nothing like the flight there. The night before started out rough, with Trey waking up all night and not wanting to go back to sleep. I was bracing myself for another horrible trip home. I think Heavenly Father knew I couldn't handle much more, because once we boarded our flight, it was smooth sailing. There were no delays and Trey only got a little whiny a couple of times for about a min.
Halle-freakin-lujah!








5 comments:
Ugh flying is the worst! Although I've never experienced anything that bad, the worst was when Sawyer threw up on me, twice.... that's not a pretty smell in tight quarters!
It was fun visiting with you while you were here, and as far as the Hawaii trip we both have planned.... I'm sure we'll both make it through without our boys. And if you're still nursing, it's a good way to wean him :)
So glad to hear your trip home was a lot smoother. And I'm so glad Trevi made the post! :) it's ok, you can be baby hungry now...
Oh kimi! Flights are awful! My flight wasnt near as bad but I too forgot a stash of diapers too. Stoctyn had to sit in a sm. mess for an hr til we got there and he had an ear infection too. I told ryan he needs to come up with a diaper dispenser in womens restrooms. It was awful.
So glad you made it!
Happy Belated Bday to Trey!
Aw geez, I knew your flight was bad but I had no idea it was THAT bad. That's awful. I'm glad the trip back home was a bit smoother. And I'm SO glad you thought to take a picture of the boys together--they're so cute!
i am so sorry it is always trama coming to utah. we wish we could have seen you. we will have to make up for it when you come in april. glad the flight home was a lot better!
Post a Comment