Saturday, June 21, 2008

Tufts University or University of Pittsburgh?

So we got a phone call on Thursday from the University of Pittsburgh offering Jeff a spot at their dental school. Although this probably should be a good thing by giving us options it has kind of thrown us both for a loop. We have been planning on going to Tufts Univsersity in Boston for the last three months and now we have to evaluate that decision.....and we need your help. Let me give you the highlights.



Boston is undoubtedly a nicer city and we have friends and family that are already living there. Everyone seems to love Boston.....plus people say they would visit us there. Ü


VS.


PITT has a large population of LDS students (15 out of 80) in the incoming class. The tuition and cost of living is much less here and would save us somewhere around $100,000 in four years of school.



We really do feel lucky to even have a choice........but let's hear your input!

8 comments:

laci said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

I'm all about the money, although I have not heard good things about the actual city of Pittsburg. Good luck making the decision!

Taryn said...

Tough. Pitt would be closer to us...only 3.5 hrs...and we would still visit you, but Boston would be exciting. I think that no matter where you go you will have a good experience. There are a lot of LDS couples out here and that has made the transition really great. Keep us updated!

Taryn said...

The blog looks great! I don't think you need any help at all!

Nemesis said...

The money thing is hard to argue with. I've visited Pittsburgh and even though it's not as cool as Boston, there are some really pretty areas outside of the city.

Kristi & Mike said...

WOW!!!! Congratulations! We are so proud of you! I love Boston...$100,000???? That is a ton of money! Our bro-in-law is from Pitt and loves it! Good luck, we can't wait to hear about the final decision!!!

Benji and Anne King said...

TE=too easy. I would say that Pitt is a no brainer, but I'm not in your shoes. I'm thinking that Boston would be a nicer place to visit. Eventually, you'll have the disposable $$$ to vacate there in the future. In conclusion... function over fashion.

Benji

P.S. Plus who ever heard of Tufts in the Big Dance??

The Straley's said...

I'm with Benji. It doesn't matter what the city has to offer it's what kind of tickets the University has to offer.
Although the Patriots trump the Steelers, the Red Sox trump the Pirates, and the Celtics trump not having an NBA team... tough choice.
-Jared