Friday night right after I got off work (Jeff doesn't work on Fridays) we headed off to Logan (Again). It's starting to become a bit ridiculous and is only going to get worse. But I would dare say that 95% of the times we go home, there is always something going on. And we (mainly I) don't want to miss out on the fun! Maybe I'm just looking for excuses to go home. So what, I enjoy being with family and friends. We often joke that maybe we should have lived in Logan and commuted to Idaho Falls for the week days to work. We would have spent just about as much money in gas!! Oh well... we might as well take advantage of the 2 1/2 hour commute while we can. I have a feeling we won't be coming home quite as often when we live in Boston. ;)
When we arrived in Logan we planned on going to Jeff's nieces' dance review but we were a little late getting into Logan and we couldn't get a hold of Ang. So instead we got a call from Jeff's dad to come join him, Andy, and Missy at Firehouse. If anyone knows me at all they will know that I CAN'T turn down an offer to eat at Firehouse. Even if we had just eatin at Bajio's for lunch and I wasn't all that hungry. :) Firehouse is my all time favorite resturaunt! For some reason, I am always in the mood for it, even if I ate there the day before. I'm still not sure what I'm going to do when we move to Boston. I told my mom she may have to send some chicken cordon bleu pasta and foccacia bread in overnight delivery. (Although I'm not quite sure how it would taste once it got there.) Anywho, after dinner Jeff and I went over to Angie's and played Settlers of Catan with Ang and Shane. It's starting to become my new favorite game even though I've yet to win! Dang you Jeff!
Saturday for lunch we met up with Stacey and Brian at Fredricos. It was fun to get to talk with them over a very yummy lunch. It's seems like it's been forever since we've seen them! Thanks Stacey and Brian for going to lunch with us! It was fun catchin up!
And here is Stacey and Brian... don't they make such a cute couple?? :)
I was unsuccesful at getting a picture of all of us together... so you get them in peices...
Jeff and I went to dinner at Chili's with Marci and Jason, my cousin Janelle and her husband Dan. Kelli met up with us at dinner. (I only got a picture of the two of us.) It was fun to see her, even if it was only for a little bit. She had just gotten back from Bear Lake, if you can't tell from her sunburned skin! Afterwards we went over to Marci's and played Ticket to Ride and Settlers of Catan. Yes I know, we played again. And although I still didn't win, neither did Jeff. So that makes losing a little easier.
For Father's Day, Angie invited all of us over to her house to have tin foil dinners. It was a blast! This is a few of us sitting around the fire waiting for our banana desserts (bananas with chocolate chips and marshmallows) to finish melting. I've never had that before... definitely a must try! Jeff added it to the top of his list of favorite treats. That's sayin something coming from Jeff!
One more picture of us eating our dinners. Jeff made mine and his tin foil dinners with hamburger, potatoes, carrots, and onions. Very yummy Jeff, you did good!
I failed to mention that before we went over to Angies on Sunday, I went over to my grandmas with some of my cousins and my sister and her kids and had a little taste of their traditional ham and potatoes meal for lunch. So as you can see... the majority of our weekend was spent eating! Bajio and Firehouse on Friday, Fredricos and Chili's on Saturday, then grandmas and Angies on Sunday. Wow... time to burn off some of those calories I put on over the weekend. I should probably be running instead of blogging!
Even though Jeff isn't quite a father yet, I wanted to let him know how much I love and appreciate him and how excited I am for him to be the father of our kids! I know he will be an excellent dad... I can tell just by watching him interact with all his neices and nephews. It's so going to be so fun when we have kids of our own to play with! One day we will experience the joy of being parents! I can't wait! (Well, I can wait for a while)
Also, since I was unable to spend Father's Day with my dad (my parents were out of town) I just wanted to tell him thanks for being such a great dad! I really appreciate all you do for us. You've always been such a hard worker and a great example to me. Sometimes he may come across a little gruff, but he really is a kind, soft hearted, caring guy on the inside. You just have to crack the shell a little to find that out... :) I remember countless times he has been the one to stick up for me even when the rest of the family is against me. Maybe that's because he feels bad for me. Whatever the reason, thanks dad! I know you'd do anything for us, even if that means breaking your pocket book! Like I said, just crack the shell and he'll soften up.
HAPPY FATHER'S DAY EVERYONE!!!!
5 comments:
Does anyone know why my posts always start out single spaced and end up double spaced?? It drives me crazy and I can't seem to figure it out!!!
Oh Kim, I don't really know what you mean about the double spacing, but your post was way cute. You guys are quite the dining couple! That's funny. I'm jealous you got to hang out with just about everyone but us! And random- can you eat outside at Fredrico's now? That's new. Lastly, I hope Bob had a good Father's Day. In all my years in and out of your house, whether it was walking in, or sneaking in; Bob has always made me laugh!
We're having such a great time here, but your blog makes me jealous that we can't be there with y'all too. We absolutely adore you guys and the Wegener's and can't wait to see you again. Plus, the restaurants and hanging out in Logan (like the old days) sounds so awesome!
Love it Kimi! And I was just going to mention that we love it when you come down - even if Jeff wins everytime we play games. :) Tell Jeff thanks for the tin-foil idea, it was fun!
Sounds like some good food! I also LOVE Firehouse and miss already :( But there are a lot of good restaurants to try out here so I guess I can survive. How about we head to firehouse over Christmas break...we will both be needing some by then! Also, what is this I hear about Pitt??
Post a Comment