I'm behind on blogging. So we're gonna do a little catching up.
Remember that time when my mom and sister came to visit and help me with the baby but there was no baby!?!
Well this is what we did to kill some time until Baby Kate made her arrival.
We celebrated my Birthday!!
I can't believe I'm 26. It's getting to the point where I have to actually stop and think when someone asks me how old I am. That means I'm getting old. 30 is just around the corner!
My mom and sister got here on Saturday, the day before my birthday. We decided to celebrate that night by going to Johnny Carino's. That has been a birthday tradition since we moved here. I love that place.
On my actual birthday, we went to church, took a long nap, went for a 3 mile walk (just about killed me), prayed that I'd start having some contractions (didn't happen), and had a yummy dinner made by my handsome husband.
He made one of my favorite meals, swiss cheese chicken.
Jeff gave me some money to go shopping and a laminator. I have lots of projects I'm excited to use it with.... now I just need to find the time to do it!
My mom and sister were good sports (ahem Jeff) and stayed up late with me playing games.
It was a good day.
The next day we did a lot more walking and a lot of shopping. We exchanged some baby clothes and bought a bunch more. It's a little ridiculous when you get 3 girls together to shop for little girl clothes. You come home with a lot more than you need and a husband who just rolls his eyes. :)
We got a double chocolate fudge brownie sunday from Dairy Queen because a friend of mine swore that's what put her into labor. (I was desperate.) My stomach may have rumbled a little from all that chocolate but it definitely didn't put me into labor!
The next day, (Tuesday) we treated ourselves to breakfast at Pamela's. You can't come to Pittsburgh without eating there at least once. It's my favorite. Their strawberry pancakes are to die for!
After all that eating we had to do some more walking, of course. So we walked up and down Brookline Boulevard. We ended at the library so Trey could pick out some books and I wasn't so sure I was going to make it home. By this point I was really not feelin so hot. All this walking was starting to take it's toll and this baby was still not budging!
I went to the doctor that afternoon and that's when I was told I was dilated to a 2+! I'd like to think all that walking was good for something!
Less than 24 hours and Baby Kate will be making her arrival!
Oh Happy Day!


No comments:
Post a Comment