Monday, February 13, 2012

One Month old!

Seriously!?!  Is it already a month??  I know I always say this but I just can't believe how quickly time goes.  I swear it was just yesterday that I left the hospital.  Anyway, our sweet little baby turned a month old yesterday.  She really is the sweetest thing.  I just want to snuggle her all the time and unfortunately I can rarely do that when I have a toddler who demands my attention.  It's sad how much the second child gets neglected when you have another child to worry about.  I remember with Trey all I ever did was hold him, and now I've become reliant on the swing, vibrating chair, etc.  It's a good thing she's such a good baby or else I'd have to figure something else out.  She does LOVE to be held and is usually very happy when she is being held.  I've recently started using the moby wrap which has worked great except for when Trey brings me his blanket, whining for me hold him the same way.  Ha, if only my back were that strong. :)


Some things to note for the first month:
~ Kate smiled for the first time at 3 weeks and now smiles at me all the time.  I love it.
~Just in the past couple of days she has started talking to me a little and making little baby noises.
~She LOVES her baths.  Even the annoying sponge baths!
It makes bath time way more pleasant when you have a baby who doesn't scream through the whole thing.  (Trey hated his baths for the first little while)
~She takes a binki like a champ!  (Well mostly)
I didn't have this luxury last time and now I love it!  Hopefully it lasts.
~Kate isn't consistent at waking up at night but I can't complain.  Most of the time she will sleep a 5 to 6 hour stretch and occasionally even sleep a 9 hour stretch.  Holy smokes!  Her record is 10.  I'll take it!
~Kate likes to be swaddled at night but I don't think she is dependent on it.
~Poor baby got her first cold at 3 weeks.  WAY too early if you ask me.
I don't sleep well when my kids are sick.  I wake up 10 times a night to go check on them, especially when they are this little.  The good news is she has handled it like a champ.  Hasn't been extra whiny and still sleeps good at night.  The poor thing just can't breathe very good! :(
**Praying for healthy kids this month!!**

Kate really is such a happy baby.  I love her so much.  Trey has been such a helpful big brother, I love seeing him interact with her.  He sometimes likes to be a little too helpful and often tries and gives her her binki while she is sleeping.  Luckily she sleeps through it most of the time.  I love being a mom of 2, though it has its challenges, it is the most rewarding thing.




1 comment:

Taryn said...

Oh she is so cute! And I love her boots. I'm glad she is a good baby for you. I agree- time needs to slow down now!!!