Thursday, March 1, 2012

Week One - Post Hospital

I was so glad to have my mom and sisters help for a whole week after Kate was born.  I was worried I was only going to have help for a few days if Kate didn't come when she did... luckily I was induced and things went as planned... well close enough.
My mom and sister were a HUGE help.  I can't thank them enough for all they did while they were here.  It was nice having two extra helpers so we could all switch off when one of us was exhausted.  (Especially at night)  We had our share of late/all nighters.  Kate had her days and nights mixed up for the first couple of weeks.  She would sleep pretty much all day and as soon as 11:00 hit, she was wide awake.  Then she had a fussy time between 12 and 3am and that made for some pretty long nights.  Again, I am so glad I had so much help or I'm not sure I would have made it.
We didn't do much besides entertain Trey and snuggle sweet little Kate.  We did however, go on a quick shopping adventure the day after I got home from the hospital.  We left Kate with Jeff (for the first time) and ventured out to the mall, Costco, and Wal-Mart.  I needed to get myself a comfortable nursing bra and we also needed to exchange a few more clothes for Kate.  I think I may have pushed myself a little too hard, too fast, and I ended up sitting in the car for the rest of our errands.  But I do have to say, I was pretty impressed with myself that I was able to get myself ready and out of the house the day after the hospital.  Kate slept the whole 4 hours we were gone and didn't make a peep.  Easiest babysitting job Jeff's ever had to do!
  Here are bunch of pictures from our week.

While I was in the hospital, Grandma and Ashlee bonded with this little guy.

Trey loved having them here to play.

While I was waiting in the car at the mall, my mom and Ash decided to take Trey to see the Chik-fil-a cow.
I think his face tells it all.  He was NOT a fan.
Apparently the closer they got, the madder he got.  I think this picture despite the blurriness, is quite hilarious.

Grandma Wendy snuggling with Kate.

Ash and Kate

Kate's first bath.
She wasn't a fan that first time.  Poor girl was probably freezing!

We got smarter the second time and put some water in the bottom of her little tub.
She loved it so much she practically slept through the whole thing!

 Trey was so sweet with Kate.  He asked me to put her in his crib and then he proceeded to read to her.  Such a cute big brother.

 Just hanging out...

Daddy and Kate.  And the mange. ;)

One of Trey's "I want Mommy" moments.

More Grandma and Kate bonding time.

 My cute little man.

How can you not just love this sweet little cuddly stage!?

Aunt Ash definitely had her share of snuggle time as well.

Trey being a good big brother.  We had gone over with Trey multiple times that he needed to be soft with Baby Kate, so when we brought Kate home from the hospital he would often just come and pat her ever so softly on the head.  It was so sweet.
My mom bought Kate that cute bear in the picture above and all Trey wanted to do those first couple of weeks was make sure Kate had her bear.  Often when she was crying, he would go find the bear wherever it was and bring it to her.  Occasionally I would find it on her head. :)

Unfortunately Trey got sick with a cold the day after we brought Kate home from the hospital so we had to try hard to keep Trey away from her.  I was sad he wasn't able to hold her much that first week.

Trey would sit right next to Ash when she put on her makeup.  He found himself a perfect little seat right on her makeup box.

 Ashlee took these cute pictures of Kate with her phone.

Saying our goodbyes and trying our best not to cry.
Actually at this point I had already lost it, hence the reason why I am not pictured.
I was quite a mess when I took my mom and sister to the airport.  It took me almost a whole day to gain my composure.  Seriously, it was ridiculous.  Those post pregnancy hormones were out of control!  All Jeff had to do was say one wrong thing and I would start crying all over again.  Whew!  Glad we're past that now!

I'm not sure what Trey is doing in this picture but he will occasionally put mine or Jeff's shoes on and try and walk around the house.  It appears in this picture like he is doing some sort of basketball drill.  Wouldn't surprise me if he's already up on his drills!

Stay tuned for Week 2 with Grandma Kathie!

No comments: