Sunday, October 16, 2011

Baby Girl Update

I have yet to post a pregnancy picture this time around because let's be honest.... I feel like a blimp... because well, I am one.  But I posted so many with my last pregnancy that I'm starting to feel guilty.  So in an effort not to totally neglect our baby girl, here are a few not-so-flattering pics.

18 weeks
22 weeks

27 weeks

Trust me when I say my belly is much bigger at this point than it was with Trey.  Ugh!

This pregnancy has been different than with Trey.  With him I was nauseous to the point of having to hover over a garbage can or a toilet much of the time.  With this one it was more like a constant, annoying nauseous but not quite to the point of throwing up.  I was definitely sick during most of the first trimester and well into my second like with Trey, but thank goodness it was a little more bearable.  I'm definitely more tired with this one.  I don't know whether that's because I worked through my whole first pregnancy and didn't have the choice of sleeping in or taking naps, but I seem to notice a difference.  Plus I'm sure it doesn't help having a toddler to chase after all of the time.  That's exhausting even when you're not pregnant.

My body is taking this pregnancy much harder.  My hips and tailbone hurt and I am way more uncomfortable sleeping.  I really don't remember having much of a problem sleeping last time.  I suppose with each pregnancy it gets a little more wearing.  I'm trying hard not to complain too much because I really am so grateful for this baby girl growing inside me.  Every time I feel her move it gets me more and more excited to finally meet her.  I can't wait to snuggle her and kiss her chubby little cheeks. (Because if she's anything like Trey, she's gonna be a chunk.)  Only 13 more weeks to go!  I can't believe it!


4 comments:

Libby said...

What are you talking about?! You look great. But I don know how you feel! I can't wait too see that baby girl!

Taryn said...

I think pregnancy is just harder on the body the more kids you have, because I have felt pretty much the same as you this time around. Good thing they are totally worth it, huh? :) And you look great! Hang in there!

Amy said...

I'm the same way! This pregnancy has been WAY more uncomfortable than my last one. My hips, my pelvis and sleep is something I WISH I could dream about. Even though its tough I still don't want this pregnancy to end too quickly though - I LOVE LOVE LOVE being prego! You are super cute btw - not blimpy at all.

Traci said...

You look great! And in case you're wondering, as they say each pregnancy gets harder :) Enjoy the next few weeks, its such a sweet feeling being pregnant. Oddly as painful and miserable as it was, I sometimes miss it.