Thursday, October 14, 2010

It's Always Fun when Grandma's in Town...

Jeff's mom came to town last Thursday and just left yesterday morning.  She stayed almost a week.  We had a blast having her come visit!  Trey loved playing and hanging out with his Grandma Kathie.  We hope she comes back soon!

Aside from our usual dinner outings, we were able to fit in a few more fun things... One of which included going to Phipps Conservatory.  Considering we have lived in Pittsburgh for over two years and haven't been here, I think it's about time we checked it out.  I'm glad we did!

 This was some type of spider flower.  I can't remember the name, but it gave me the willies.

I think we just might have to go back in the Spring.... :)

Saturday we went on a Ducky Tour... you ride on this boat/bus lookin thing that takes you on a tour of the city, half on land and half on water... and you learn all sorts of fun facts about Pittsburgh.  I have never done this before and really enjoyed it.  I think Trey enjoyed it too.


We stayed up late playing lots of games.

 We couldn't let her leave without one final stop at Jeff and I's favorite sandwich place in Pittsburgh!

If you come visit us, we will take you here too! I promise!

They bonded just in time for her to go home.  Isn't that the way it always works?  :(

Kathie was so kind to watch Trey a couple of times for us while I went and got work done at the Dental School... from my very own Dr. Wegener.... which leads me to my next post...

Thanks for visiting us Kathie!  Like I said, it's always fun when Grandma's in Town!  :)

4 comments:

Marci said...

Trey is such a stud!! He is so cute! I love the picture of you holding him in his yellow shirt. Very very adorable!!!!

Anonymous said...

Yay for Grandmas!! Cute pictures!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for letting me visit! I loved all of it--especially Trey. What a stud!
Love, Grandma Kathie

Anonymous said...

I tell you that Trey is DARLING!!
I just want to squeeze him. And yes. . . . . I do get jealous when Grandma Kathie gets to come and visit. However, I am glad he has 2 grandma's to love him!