Because I am feeling overwhelmed at the amount of pictures I want to post from our trip home, I decided that I would just take it a week at a time. So we will start with week 1.
Trey did great on the flight home, minus the fact that my arm was about ready to fall off by the end. That kid is heavy!! Not to mention the long layover we ended up having, arriving in Utah at 3am instead of our expected arrival of 9:30pm. But we made it one piece with minimal complaints from my little buddy. Thank goodness. What really topped it off though, was getting home to two full suitcases completely soaked.. clothes and all... from being left out in the rain by some idiot airport people in Chicago. Gotta love flying!
Our first week home was pretty low key. Trey and I mainly just hung with the fam and relaxed. Oh and ate at Firehouse. :) Jeff wasn't planning to fly home until that weekend because he had finals all that week. Here are some pics from our week.
Apparently my neice loves Firehouse just as much I do. She takes after her favorite Aunt. :)
We got to watch my nephew Carson play on his T-Ball Team. Kids that age are so funny to watch.
We celebrated my Grandma Western's 92nd Birthday. I'm so glad we were able to be there for it.
These two little guys were Best Buds the whole time we were home. It was so cute.
I was worried Trey was going to have a hard time adjusting to a new place and so many new faces, but for the most part, he did great. He was a little trooper....
I was worried Trey was going to have a hard time adjusting to a new place and so many new faces, but for the most part, he did great. He was a little trooper....
Meanwhile, Jeff was home studying for his tests when low and behold he gets a kidney stone. Poor guy had to suffer by himself. We were glad that it just ended up being a kidney stone so he was still able to come to Utah as planned. (I say "just" with all the sympathy I can muster because I'm sure if you were to ask Jeff, he wouldn't have said JUST a kidney stone.) For his sake, we sure hope he doesn't have to experience another one in the near future... or ever.
Jeff arrived in Utah just in time to celebrate his first Father's Day. We celebrated by having dinner over at his sister Angie's house. It was so fun seeing everyone again and Trey loved meeting all of his cousins and Aunts and Uncles. It had been WAY TOO LONG since I'd been home and these two little cousins had missed each other.
Trey enjoyed laying in Lydia's bouncer chair... We won't mention the part where he bottomed out when we put him in it. Ha, we love our little chunker.
Jeff sure did miss his little buddy... quite possibly more than me. I guess that's the way it goes now.
I'm doubting Jeff can think of anything more rewarding than being a daddy to this little guy. Happy Father's Day Jeff. Trey and I wouldn't know what to do without you. We love you!
I'm doubting Jeff can think of anything more rewarding than being a daddy to this little guy. Happy Father's Day Jeff. Trey and I wouldn't know what to do without you. We love you!
WEEK 2 COMING SOON....










6 comments:
Kimi this is so funny. My Mother in law but Stoc a Bouncer for when he Comes to visit them and he bottomed out in it too. Pretty Funny. His is just a little bigger than that one I guess because he fits perfect. :-)
Love all the pics Kimi, but so wish you guys were still here! I love that one of Trey and Lydia on the chair!!Babies are the best... love you guys!
You did it! you posted! good job. :)
um trey and lydia could be twins. SO CUTE
I'm so sad i wasn't there to see you. looks like you guys had a great time. trey is adorable.
The pictures of the fireworks turned out really cool. I think Trey and his cuz look so much like twins.
Post a Comment