Thursday, August 12, 2010

5 Months!

My little boy is 5 months old today.  I can't believe it!  Time really has flown by.  It seems like just yesterday we were bringing him home from the hospital.  It's crazy how quick they grow up.  He's getting so big so fast and I can't seem to do anything to stop him!

I missed Trey's 4 month post and wanted to record his stats.
Height: 27 inches (98%)
Weight:  20 lbs. 4 oz. Not kidding. (off the charts)
Head:  Can't remember, other than it is also off the charts.
One things for sure... My baby is consistent!
Trey To Date:
(This will probably bore most of you, so just scroll on down and look at the pics)

So far Trey is showing no signs of rolling over.  He seems a little too content just laying there on his back.  Maybe leaving him on his stomach for long enough will do the trick.  Either way, I'm not complaining, it's kinda nice being able to put him down without worrying about where he might roll off to.

He is well on his way to sitting up.  Every time I prop him up against something, he tries pulling himself forward.  He can pretty much sit up, but he's mostly just supporting his weight on his little belly, and he's still not got the balance thing figured out yet.  But he's close.

Trey will grab anything he can get his hands on.  And then it goes straight to his mouth.  He LOVES to eat his blanket... especially when I am putting him to sleep.  He will either have his fingers or his blanket in his mouth.


Trey always has his tongue sticking out of his mouth.  Especially when he smiles.  It's pretty funny.

He for some reason likes to put things over his face.  It's like a game to him.  When you pull it off, he puts it right back on.  Like his blankets or burp cloths.  The funny thing is he puts it over his head and then puts his arms straight up in the air and panics... like, oh no! now what!... and he breaths super fast.  It is hilarious.

Trey loves to be outside... unless he is in the sun.  Then he doesn't love it.  But if he's ever crying I can quickly get him to stop by taking him outside.  Maybe he's got mommy fooled.

When Jeff comes home, Trey is all smiles.  He gets so excited to see him and can't wait for Jeff to pay attention to him.

Our little monkey loves to watch the TV.  If I didn't know any better, I'd think he understood what was going on half the time.  He looks so enthralled.

The little stinker will NOT take a bottle.  I guess he's got it figured out that if he doesn't take one, then he gets to go with mommy wherever she goes.

Trey LOVES going on walks... mainly because he loves to look at everything around him.

I usually will rock Trey to sleep... for naps and bedtime.  I just have to sing him a few songs (he loves to be sung to) and wa-la.  He's asleep!  ...unless he is extra tired and then it takes a little more work.  Someday I am sure I will have to break him of this habit, but for now, I enjoy that time with him.

We've started Trey on Oatmeal and he seems to really like it.  I haven't started him on fruits and vegetables yet because well... he's big.  And I'm scared of him getting much bigger!

Trey used to sleep like a champ.  Now you never know when and how often he will wake up.  Some nights he will sleep a 7-8 hours stretch and others he will be up every 4 hours.  Don't know why every night is different.  I'm not going to complain though, because for the most part he does pretty good.  And he will usually sleep in until 9 or 10.  A boy right after his mom's heart. :)

He loves his baths but tries really hard to drink the water.  It's become quite the task trying to keep him distracted.

Trey is a good eater... obviously.... but is starting to become more and more distracted.  He is constantly wanting to know what is going on everywhere else and wanting to know who is talking.  I swear he thinks everyone is talking to him.

Trey is such a fun baby and is always full of smiles and laughs.  It doesn't take much to get him to smile.  And if you're Jeff, you can get him to laugh at the drop of hat.  Seriously.

And if you're my mom... you can also get a pretty good reaction out of him.  Love this video.


Untitled from Kimi Wegener on Vimeo.
Trey is 3 months in this video.  It's my favorite, so I just had to share.  Sometimes we can get Trey laughing so hard he can barely catch his breath.  It's hilarious.  Jeff and I get such a kick out of it.  Unfortunately some of the most recent ones are on my phone and I don't have an adapter for the computer.  Darn.



We've taken Trey swimming a few times since we've been home from Utah and we've made some progress.  The first time... he didn't love it.

The second time... still not a fan.

And the third time, he liked it!  Yay!

This stage is so much fun!  The boy manages to put a smile on my face every day!  Love him to pieces!

5 comments:

Ryan and Kaeli said...

I love him! He really is a Big Boy! He and Stoc are very similar in likes/dislikes and everything else. So funny.

Meredith said...

I was not at all bored by all the Trey-isms you shared, so you shouldn't have put a warning in there :)...he is so cute.

Nicole said...

CUTE!! Love his smile :D He is so adorable Kimi! It is amazing how big he is! People tell me Carlos is big for his age...that is until I mention Trey ha ha.

Dani said...

This was totally an interesting read for me! Just like Kaeli said, it is funny how these little guys are all on the same page! That said, don't be sad AT ALL that Trey isn't rolling over! Dexter has been rolling tummy to back for a while, but this week he has figured out how to roll like a mad man. It is a total mixed bag, it's so cool to watch him roll all-over the room and explore. But, now I feel like I should vacuum five times a day, and the days of leaving him unattended for even a second are long gone! Holy novel, sorry! Any-who, don't let it get to you it will happen soon enough, trust me!

Anonymous said...

Cute Cute post. Trey is a doll! So cute! It's so fun to read all about him cause it's exactly what Ty is doing right now. My 5 month post that I'm getting ready to post is pretty similar to yours. :) Loved the video. It made me laugh.