Thursday, February 4, 2010

Keeping Busy

Well the month of January started out with a bang as always...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!

I can't believe I am 24. It seems like just yesterday I had my 18th birthday. Now here I am... Married.. living in Pittsburgh.. and a child on the way.. We couldn't be happier!

Jeff and I went out to dinner at one of my favorite places: Johnny Carino's. In fact I think that's the same place I chose last year. We then came home and I dominated Jeff in a game of Phase 10. He claims he "let" me win, but we all know who the real champ is around here! :) We then watched the movie Julie and Julia. It was a good day... and best of all, I took the day off work so I could sit home and be lazy. Can't get much better than that!

We of course had to take a birthday pic since I failed to take one at dinner. Don't judge me.. I still hadn't taken down my Christmas decorations!

Jeff surprised me with this lovely gift. I LOVE it. Oh and the blanket was made for me by the very talented Nicole Gneiting. She is amazing. Can't wait to rock my little guy in this chair!

The next morning, my friends took me to breakfast at another one of my favorite restaurants. Pamelas. All I can say is crepes + strawberries + sour cream+ brown sugar and whipped cream= DELICIOUS! Thanks guys!

And to end the birthday festivities... we had a few people over for ice cream and cake to celebrate both mine and Ashley's birthdays. Mine was the 8th and hers was the 10th. Happy Birthday to us!

Between the two of us, we still didn't blow out all the candles! That must mean we are getting REALLY old. Too many candles to blow out! (I'm blaming it on my lack of air from the baby... what's your excuse Ashley?) Oh wait...


One of my really good friends out here planned me a baby shower! She did an amazing job, I can't thank her enough. THANK YOU NICOLE!! And also a big thanks to everyone else who helped out with the food. It was quite the feast!


We played baby sharades. Here are my great acting skills... We also played "Find a name for Baby Wegener." Good idea Nicole, we need all the help we can get! We got lots of ideas... but unfortunately still don't have a name. We are hopeless!

Look at all this amazing food. Well done girls!


Then we opened gifts... check out this diaper cake. I sure am lucky to have such talented friends!

All the girls that came to my shower. Thank You All. I can't express how lucky I am to have so many supportive friends out here! You guys are the best!

And let's have a shout out for all the pregnant girls at my shower. Isn't it crazy?? Starting from the right, we are in order of who is due first. The next set of pictures is going to be all of our babies lined up from oldest to youngest. So fun!

As dreadful as January can sometimes be, it has been a pretty great month! (Aside from the nasty flu Jeff seemed to have gotten) I told him multiple times to get the flu shot! Next time maybe he will heed to his wifes advice! I am always right! Just ask Jeff. :) But really, I felt bad for him and am sure glad to have a healthy husband again.
Anwyay, we kept ourselves busy last month preparing for this baby and getting together lots with so many great friends. We better get it all in now while we can! There's no telling how our lives might change once we have this baby.... I think we are in for an eye opener!

Here are just a few of the things I have been making lately to keep me busy.... I have really gotten into sewing lately and I really enjoy it. Plus it makes for some great baby gifts! (I have a lot to make if you didn't see the picture above)

I made this bag for my sis for her birthday. I also made a similar one for my mom for Christmas but forgot to get a pic.


Nursing cover for my friend Taryn who just had a beautiful little girl.

As well as a matching wipes case and burp cloths.


Made a carseat canopy for my sister-in-laws little girl...



Now I am making me a diaper bag and flannel blankets for our little guy. Wish me luck! The diaper bag is a bit intimidating!

And I forgot to mention I wouldn't have been able to make all this if it weren't for my friend Carlee who taught me how to do it. She is making the last few touches to her blog where she will be selling all sorts of cute baby stuff. Stay tuned for the address to her new and improved blog!

Now for the picture you have been waiting for... :) Jk. Here I am at 35 weeks. This might be the last picture you'll get to see. I am feeling huge and not so sure I want to keep posting these not-so flattering pics of myself. But we'll see...

THE COUNTDOWN IS ON!!!! Baby Wegener's official due date is one month from today! I am feeling all sorts of emotions. Nervous.. scared... excited... anxious... and most of all COMPLETELY and totally in AWE that I am actually going to be having a child! I don't know if I'm ready, but ready or not.... this baby is coming! He keeps reminding me of that EVERY DAY when he kicks and squirms like a little fish in my belly. (Actually now it's more like a very large fish) I love it! Other than the constant heartburn and occasional uncomfortable nights, I am feeling pretty darn good. I sure hope it lasts! I will be sure to keep you all posted on the status of baby Wegener. Most of you will think I am crazy, but I am kind of hoping he doesn't decide to come early. Jeff has 7 tests the week before my due date. That could make for one very stressed out husband and a very lonely wife. STAY TUNED FOR UPDATES......... He will be here before you know it! (And hopefully with a name!!)

11 comments:

Traci said...

sounds like you've had a fun month....I'm coming up on 24 soon too and it seems so old!!
You're looking cute with your belly :) Good luck these next couple of weeks especially coming up with a name, it's so so hard!

Rachael said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Kimi, since I missed out on the deliciousness of Pamela's (having no dairy is NO fun!) And if you think 24 is old, try 28! Yeah, I still think I should just get to be 19 forever. It's crazy how fast time flies! Just wait til your baby gets here, and you will see what I mean. Can't wait to meet the little guy!

Jamie said...

You are looking so cute! I love the picture of all the pregnant girls! So fun! Its a great idea to line up all our babies for the next one! :)

Richins Family said...

oh my holy 24? you are SOOO OLD LOL (i'm pushin 27 are you kidding me?) All of your projects turned out so cute! i LOVE that wipes case! good thinkin. :) I'm glad to help and thanks for the plug (or the plug to be i guess :)) I can't wait to meet your little man! SERIOUSLY CAN'T WAIT!

Bobbie said...

Kimberly you look great! Those last few weeks go by faster than you'll realize so try to enjoy it... I know easier said than done - I'm a terrible ornery beast once I hit 36 weeks :). And I must say I am VERY impressed with your crafting skills... so cute. Keep us updated when "he" gets here.

Marci said...

Wow!! You have become very talented since moving to Pitt. Who woulda thunk you would be sewing like crazy! I need a lot of help with that. Guess you can teach me when you come visit....first I guess I will need a sewing machine!!

laci said...

Kimi, I have to much to say and I'm too lazy to type it. I will just have to say it over the phone. So...call me back. Everything is so cute though!!
More details later....

Taryn said...

Sooo excited for you!!!! Youwill love being a mom! As soon as he comes we need to plan a time to get together!

BreAna said...

I am in love with your bags and blankets and things. they are amazing. You are so talented. Oh and you look darling pregant.

Adam and Jess said...

You HAVE been busy with all of your sewing projects. They are adorable!! I can't believe you've finished so much before the baby comes. Now that Kaylene's had hers, it feels like yours will be here any minute. Can't wait!!

BusyMama said...

Unflattering??? You need to take a look at me in those pics of your shower. That will make you feel really, really good.

I can't wait to meet him, it's killing me!