Sunday, February 14, 2010

And the snow STILL comes!!

This week has been a crazy week! Definitely an interesting one to say the least... Due to the enormous amounts of snow we recieved over the weekend and throughout the week, Jeff's school was canceled Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. They told all the students at the first of school that they pretty much never cancel school for ANYTHING even if the rest of the University does... so this was obviously a BIG storm! Work was cancelled for me on Saturday and on Monday our streets STILL hadn't been plowed so there was no way for me to get to work. Monday night we heard a plow coming down our street! It felt like Christmas morning! (even though they only plowed it once, it was just enough to get our little car out)... so Tuesday Jeff braved the roads and took me into work... Only to be greeted with another 8 inches of snow that night... leaving me stranded once again. My work probably hates me.
Although it was hard not being able to drive anywhere, Jeff and I did enjoy the relaxing time we got to spend together.
Wednesday night our furnace decided to give out on us. Perfect timing! So we borrowed a couple space heaters from some friends and neighbors and stuck it out for a couple of days until the furnace man could come fix it.
The furnace was fixed just in time for Jeff's friend Matt to arrive. He flew in late Friday night so we ventured out to the airport to pick him up. After we picked him up from the airport, we only made it about a mile when our tire decided to blow out. Of course we had a spare...but no jack. So we sat... stranded on the highway... for TWO hours... until midnight... when AAA finally came and rescued us. Thank heavens they came when they did because no one wants to see a ninth month pregnant woman peeing on the side of the road!! That would NOT have been a pretty sight... especially because I still don't know how I would have accomplished the squatting thing... I think I would have ended up sitting in the snow!
Then on Saturday when we went to get our tire fixed our spare was flat! You have got to be kidding me!
And now the weather man predicts another 3-6 inches of snow by tomorrow... just lovely!!

As unlucky as we seem to have been this week, I can't help but think of all the things I have to be grateful for...
1. I am so glad we were one of the lucky few who did not lose power over the long weekend of being snowed in.
2. So grateful for food storage so we didn't have to hike our way to the grocery store.
3. It was nice to have an excuse to be lazy and spend some extra quality time with my wonderful husband.
4. Thank heavens this snow storm was now and not a month from now when I could quite possibly be going into labor. What would I have done if we couldn't even get our car out to go anywhere?!?
5. Glad the furnace broke now and not right after I had my baby... we would have been packing our bags and moving in with some friends... what a mess that would be!
6. So thankful Jeff was with me when the tire blew out. I am the one usually driving the car 90% of the time... so I feel extremely lucky to of had him there... and driving!

I sure hope everyone else survived their week!!

As for me and the little guy... I swear he is getting bigger EVERY DAY!! And I am getting more and more excited to finally meet him. I cannot wait! I also cannot wait for my hips to stop hurting and my heartburn to miraculously disappear. What a lovely day that will be! Although, Jeff keeps reminding me that along with that brings a whole other list of complaints! I guess I'm in it for the long haul!

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY TO YOU ALL! HOPE YOU HAVE A FABULOUS DAY!

4 comments:

Jeremy and Jani said...

I am glad you guys are safe. I can't believe you only have a few weeks left! Love and miss you guys!

Taryn said...

Oh my what a week you had Kimi! Glad you can see the positive side of things though. Fun you guys got to see Matt! I am getting so excited for you guys to have the babe! So fun!

Tony said...

What got my attention was the way in which Jeff responded so galantly to the terrible weather conditions...his classes were cancelled, but he drove his little barefoot, pregnant wife off to work. Sorta makes his brothers proud, I bet.

Becki and Gibb and Sammi said...

Kimi! It's been forever I know, but I guess you can say that I am stalking your blog! I'm excited to hear you are going to have a baby soon. That will be so much fun! It definitely does change your life though. You need to give me your email address so that I can send you an invite to my blog! My email is beckibear11@hotmail.com