First things first.
Jeff and a bunch of his classmates particapated in a contest in which they called.... "mustachio bashio"... it apparently was for some kind of charity, but I'm still unsure exactly what growing out a mustache has anything to do with giving to charity. But, they grew out a mustache nonetheless and here is what Jeff has to show for it.
Picture A.
Picture B.
And the final product...
Pretty sexy eh??He wouldn't let me post a close up of this last one... he thought it was funny at first but now that everyone has given him so much crap I think he's a little embarrassed!
We went to a Pitt baseball game when my parents were here and lucky for me Jeff was sportin the mustache.... (I'm ashamed to say I was a little embarrassed to be with him!)
Here is what one of my friends Laci had to say when she saw this photo... "OH MY GOSH. Kimi, you even warned me, but there is no preparation for that."
A few people said he looked like Kip from Napolean Dynamite, others said he looked like the guy on “My Name is Earl” and some said he looked like a child molester... what do YOU think?? Sorry Jeff, but a mustache is NOT for you!
My family came out the middle of April and stayed for 10 days. We had a great time! Here's a recap of some of the things we did while they were here...
Went to Kirtland...

We lucked out and happened to be there at the time they had what they called the traveling bronze museum. There was some unbelievable sculptings of Christ. It was amazing!
Took a tour of the Kirtland Temple.We went on a little road trip while they were here and were able to go to Washington DC, Lancaster, Hershey, PA, and Gettysburg. We covered a lot of ground in 3 days! Jeff wasn't able to come due to school and having to study for finals.
Washington DC
Me and my sister on the tram in DC... that was an experience!

It rained pretty hard the whole second day in DC... we were SOAKED from all that walking!
Amish Country in Lancaster, PA
We took a horse and buggy ride that took us around a largely populater Amish community. I loved Amish country! Everything about it is so intriguing to me!


One of the many houses we saw that had their clothes hanging out on clothes lines... they don't believe in using electricity.... so they use air or hydraulic powered motors to run their washers and then they hang dry all their clothes. They even had all their underwear hanging out on the lines! I can't imagine!
We drove by a local convenient store where the Amish get their groceries... this little girl was kind enough to let me take her picture. (We were told the Amish get mad if you ask them to take their picture, lucky for me I was able to snap a shot before her mom saw me!)
Here are the horses and buggies lined up outside the convenient store. Traveling by horse and buggy is the prominent mode of transportation for the Amish... they don't believe in public transportation because it allows for outside interaction with the non-Amish world. Like I said before... SO intriguing...
On to Hershey, Pennsylvania... We got to see the assembly line of how they make their chocolate and then how it is made into all different types of candy.
Mmmm.... chocolate!
All the Reese's I could ever want!
We drove by a local convenient store where the Amish get their groceries... this little girl was kind enough to let me take her picture. (We were told the Amish get mad if you ask them to take their picture, lucky for me I was able to snap a shot before her mom saw me!)
Here are the horses and buggies lined up outside the convenient store. Traveling by horse and buggy is the prominent mode of transportation for the Amish... they don't believe in public transportation because it allows for outside interaction with the non-Amish world. Like I said before... SO intriguing...On to Hershey, Pennsylvania... We got to see the assembly line of how they make their chocolate and then how it is made into all different types of candy.
Mmmm.... chocolate!
All the Reese's I could ever want!Gettysburg. We were able to see where the Battle of Gettysburg took place and also see a little bit of the visitors center in Gettysburg.

The Battlefield
The war lasted 4 long years with over 600,000 deaths... the price we paid for freedom... what an incredible sacrifice.
The Pirates Game (One of the pictures from the game is posted above, the one with the mustache)

We ate at a lot of yummy restaraunts while my family was here... Pamela's included. It was so good to have my family come visit and experience what it's like living in the Burgh. Please come back soon!
The following weekend after my family left, Jeff and I went to Utah. Jeff had a week off between semesters and I was able to get a few days off work, so we bought some tickets and headed home to surprise our families! (most of them anyway) We had a blast in Utah. The time went by way too fast as always, but it was definitely good to see everyone again! I’ve come to appreciate Utah more and more every time we go home. It really is such a pretty state, and it took me moving away to realize that. I could make a whole list of why I’ve come to appreciate Utah more… but that might have to come in a later post…. these pictures will have to explain for now.
Coming into Sardine canyon.
View of the Valley... I mean come on, it doesn't get much better than that.
I showed my coworkers this picture and told them this is where I got married. They said it looks like a castle where a princess should get married. :)
Surprise! Lunch with the girls... (Only Kelli knew I was in town)
Playing games at Marci and Jason's.
Love this picture... we told her to smile. haha
Sportin the Pitt gear... that's what I'm talkin about!
Me and Grammy and Grampy in their cabin.
Games at Angie and Shane's. I miss those days...
Jeff's nephew Asher's appendix burst while we were home. This poor little guy had to spend a week in the hospital. He was so tough though and we are so glad he is home and doing lots better!
Lunch again with the girls... only we went to Laci's and hung out afterwards... and of course doted over her cute little baby!

Yes... he cooked some awesome shish-ka-bobs. (sp?)
And here is the girl herself... can you tell she is 7 months pregnant??

Yesterday was Mother’s Day and although I am not yet a mother, Jeff has always gone out of his way to make this day special for me. He makes sure to remind me that I WILL be the future mother of his children... so why not start appreciating me now?? Hey, I won't complain! (We won’t mention how I completely forgot to do or say ANYTHING to him last Father’s Day) Oops, I know, I’m such a bad wife! Jeff cooked me one of my favorite things…. Salmon! He made this glaze that he made up on his own and it was soo good! He also made cheddar bay biscuits (the ones from Red Lobster) and lime rice. Yeah my husband rocks. :) Thanks Jeff for always being so thoughtful!

The Battlefield
The war lasted 4 long years with over 600,000 deaths... the price we paid for freedom... what an incredible sacrifice. Chillin at Mi Casa
The Pirates Game (One of the pictures from the game is posted above, the one with the mustache)
We ate at a lot of yummy restaraunts while my family was here... Pamela's included. It was so good to have my family come visit and experience what it's like living in the Burgh. Please come back soon!The following weekend after my family left, Jeff and I went to Utah. Jeff had a week off between semesters and I was able to get a few days off work, so we bought some tickets and headed home to surprise our families! (most of them anyway) We had a blast in Utah. The time went by way too fast as always, but it was definitely good to see everyone again! I’ve come to appreciate Utah more and more every time we go home. It really is such a pretty state, and it took me moving away to realize that. I could make a whole list of why I’ve come to appreciate Utah more… but that might have to come in a later post…. these pictures will have to explain for now.
Coming into Sardine canyon.
View of the Valley... I mean come on, it doesn't get much better than that.
I showed my coworkers this picture and told them this is where I got married. They said it looks like a castle where a princess should get married. :)
Surprise! Lunch with the girls... (Only Kelli knew I was in town)
Playing games at Marci and Jason's.
Love this picture... we told her to smile. haha
Sportin the Pitt gear... that's what I'm talkin about!
Me and Grammy and Grampy in their cabin.
Games at Angie and Shane's. I miss those days...Lunch again at Firehouse... it was delightful... as always.
Jeff's nephew Asher's appendix burst while we were home. This poor little guy had to spend a week in the hospital. He was so tough though and we are so glad he is home and doing lots better!
Lunch again with the girls... only we went to Laci's and hung out afterwards... and of course doted over her cute little baby!
Waving goodbye before we head back to Utah... (I think it's about time I have some kids of my own and stop obsessing over my sisters!)
We got home late Wednesday night and I had to return back to work Thursday morning… Reality hit for me a little too quick. Jeff, fortunately still had a few days off to relax and prepare himself for yet another long and grueling semester. He also proved to me how he would make an excellent house wife. I think he would secretly like to switch rolls. He kept up the house and accomplished all the annoying but necessary weekly tasks such as grocery shopping, weeding the garden, mowing the lawn and even planting some things in our garden. And on top of all that, he cooked dinner every night. It was so nice to come home and have dinner hot and ready when I walked in the door. Here is a glimpse of one of the delicious meals he cooked for me….
Yes... he cooked some awesome shish-ka-bobs. (sp?)Me and a few of the first year girls planned a baby shower for our good friend Nicole on Saturday. She is having a baby girl and is due July 3rd. You’d never guess she was 7 months pregnant! She is such a cute pregnant girl, I can hardly stand it!
And here is the girl herself... can you tell she is 7 months pregnant??
Yesterday was Mother’s Day and although I am not yet a mother, Jeff has always gone out of his way to make this day special for me. He makes sure to remind me that I WILL be the future mother of his children... so why not start appreciating me now?? Hey, I won't complain! (We won’t mention how I completely forgot to do or say ANYTHING to him last Father’s Day) Oops, I know, I’m such a bad wife! Jeff cooked me one of my favorite things…. Salmon! He made this glaze that he made up on his own and it was soo good! He also made cheddar bay biscuits (the ones from Red Lobster) and lime rice. Yeah my husband rocks. :) Thanks Jeff for always being so thoughtful!
I also wanted to give a shout out to my mother and mother-in-law and let them know how much I appreciate them and all they do for me. I couldn’t ask for two better examples in my life! Hope you both had a very Happy Mother's Day!
And while I was on the subject of bragging about my husband I might as well brag a little more about how well he did in school this last semester. I really am so proud of him. He has worked so hard and deserves every bit of credit. He just started back up last week and is preparing himself for a really tough summer semester. He is taking 26 credits and has class every day from 8-5… his biggest semester yet. I’m already planning on not seeing him much. It’s going to be a long and stressful summer, but I know he will do great! Almost one year down and counting!
I wasn't kidding when I said this would be a long post! If you made it to the end, I am impressed! Happy late Mother's Day to all you mom's out there!







10 comments:
ummmmmmmmmmmmmm hi :) that was quite the post :) i really enjoyed it though! especially the mustache pictures lol! i think he lost most like mario! i'm jelous your family came for so long! good times kimberly good times!
Hooray! Kimi posted!! The picture of your niece with her mouth and eyes wide open, holding the sucker is my favorite - so cute!
Loved your post Kimi! Although I really think you need that close up moustache pick of my little bro! We sure do miss you guys... it was an awesome surprise to have you come!
Awww the mustache. What a scary picture your kids will have to look back on. HA! Jk Jeff, you know I just like to give you a hard time. I'm so happy my quote was able to make the blog. I feel oh so neat.
But yes, in true Kimi fashion that was the post of the month. I did read every little word though so I should win a friend award...even though 3 people beat me to the commenting part. Then again I don't think you've commented on my blog for quite some time. Therefore it's even. ;)
But on to the true post comments...
I too am intrigued by the Amish. I would actually love going there and seeing it for real. My dad would as well. As a matter of fact, don't let him find out you're so close to Amish because he might just take a trip to PA before coming to see us in Texas. Ok, not really but he might consider it. I also want to go to all the cool church sites. I've never been to any. (and yes, I realize all this complaining deserves an answer of "come visit then" and boy I do I want to. Maybe Navi and I will someday) Anyways, I had a million other picture comments to say, but my comment is turning into a longer novel than your post, so I might just have to end here and finish the rest when I call you or something.
Peace
Do you want to know what kind of friend I am.....I finished your post! Kidding, I really liked seeing all of the pictures you took with your family. That is so great that your family can come out here so much! And I only got bum/ backside pictures of the amish, so props!!!
Kimi's blog is alive! I was so worried you gave up on it.
I love the picture of the city at the baseball game, you captured a great shot. I am glad you has so much fun with your family. I think it is always hard to say goodbye.
I am proud I made it through the post too :) I don't know what it is about boys (and especially ones in dental school) that makes them feel the need to grow mustaches. Remember when we came there last fall and Ryan had a handlebar mustache?!? Horrible. Looks like you have been having lots of fun with family and friends! Now you need to come visit us in Columbus!
hahahahah i had to scroll down for soooooooo long to write a comment. be glad i even continued reading! Sounds like you have been having a lot of fun, and taking a lot of pictures. Jeff's mexi stash is nasty hahahah so gross. He looks like a pedifile! i love it. miss you!
NICE!! I am so glad you finally decided to update your blog! I love it. Too bad I wasn't there to visit in Pitt with the fam. Maybe I'll send you some pics and you can start a blog for me.....???
This is Dan. Kimi, I don't know who that guy was with you in a couple of those pictures, but I think I saw him on the news last night being arrested for some odd criminal charges, to say the least. Anyway, I know Jeff is at school a lot, but I would be careful with who you hang out with when he is gone, 'cause that guy was creeping me out and the mustache almost made me hurl just by simply looking at it. Anyway, I might have to tell Jeffy about this mystery mustache man and maybe he can talk some sense into you. Dan
Post a Comment