Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Camping...ish

Last weekend Jeff and I and 5 other couples went to a place called Raccoon Creek to go camping... only Jeff and I didn't actually camp. We couldn't spend the night because unfortunately I had to work in the morning. But we still had a lot of fun and we ended up staying a lot later than planned Friday night. It was worth it! I hope we get to go again soon!

Here's some pics from our night...

We made tin foil dinners and then topped that off with what we like to call a "banana boat" (cut a large slit out of a banana and fill with chocolate chips and marshmallows, cover with tin foil, place in the fire for about 20 min.) It can't get much better than that! Only it can because I discovered that it's even better if you add a little peanut butter in the mix! (Yes, I will take credit for that idea)
We also played some fun games... We played Guesstures, Signs, and the name game. We are definitely going to have to have a rematch soon. It's our turn to dominate! Right girls???





Needless to say we had a great time! I look forward to our next camping adventure... Thanks guys!

7 comments:

Adam and Jess said...

Man, the more blogs I read about your camping, the more fun it sounds. Those games are the best to play with a big group huh? Your dessert sounds delicious, that my kind of foil "dinner" :) Happy anniversary by the way, you guys are a cute couple

BusyMama said...

Sounds like my kind of camping...all the fun WITHOUT having to try to sleep on the hard, rocky ground.

Shane said...

Sound interesting with the Peanut butter. We will have to try that now since I just upgraded our fire pit from a 2' to a whopping 4' pit, now allowing plenty of room for dinners and or BANANA BOATS possibly with peanut butter.

Angie said...

Don't ask me why my husband thought we needed a 4' fire pit!! But lucky us we now have one!!

tayler said...

Sounds like fun! (and btw... the firepit he was talking about earlier has been his highlight of the week... you will have to try it out! He is Pretty proud of it! :))

Jamie said...

Hey! Thanks for stalking me..lol. I was excited to see your comment! We are coming out on Wed to look for housing... what area do you recommend and did you guys buy or rent? I will for sure give you a call! Are you guys busy next week?
Jamie

Jamie said...

Hey! I do have a facebook! I will look for you!