Sunday, March 8, 2009

"Blogging drought"

I know... it's been a while. In the words of Laci, I've had a bit of a "blogging drought." I don't have any other excuse other than I've just been too lazy to blog. February was pretty much an uneventful month for the two of us. Jeff has been busy with school and I've been keeping busy with work. It seems like any spare time we have we are trying to catch up on our weekly TV shows. Thank heavens for TiVo.

Jeff's parents came and visited us last weekend which was fun. Here is a quick run down of what we did...
They flew in Friday night and they treated us to dinner at the Cheesecake Factory. I love that place, the menu is like 10 pages long. I have the hardest time deciding what to order. Just when I had finally figured out what I was going to get they brought out another menu with a whole bunch of new dishes they had gotten... fabulous.
Saturday we got up early and went and watched Jeff's basketball game at our church. He plays churchball every Saturday and loves every second of it. He'll take any excuse he can get to play basketball...
Afterwards we went to Pamela's (awesome restaurant with to-die-for strawberry hotcakes) If anyone comes to visit we will take you there!
We spent the rest of the afternoon down at the strip district. We also took them on a tour of the Cathedral of Learning.
One of the nationality rooms inside the Cathedral of Learning... I think this was the Indian room.
We ended the evening with an excellent dinner at Yokoso (hibachi grill) and of course a game of 3-13.
Sunday evening Jeff cooked us an amazing dinner. He can do a pretty darn good replica of Olive Garden's alfredo chicken pasta... only it's better. Kudos to Jeff.
Monday Jeff had school and I had work so Tony and Kathie entertained themselves at our house and then took us yet again to dinner at McCormick and Schmick's fish house.
They flew out Tuesday afternoon. We were sad to see them go but we're definitely glad they were able to come visit us for a few days... we loved the company! Thanks again guys for everything!
So..... basically we spent the whole time with his parents eating, playing games, and eating some more.... hey I'm not complaining!
Other than that I've joined a sewing group and am in the process of getting myself a new sewing machine. I'm starting to broaden my talents... better yet, I am searching for my talents... I'll keep you posted on how that goes.

5 comments:

Richins Family said...

HOORay FOR YOU FINALLY BLOGGING! it's been like 12 years too long! looks like you ate a lot of good food when jeff's parents were here :) yum! woo woo for the sewing group :)

laci said...

Wow, if I would have known that is all it would have taken for you to do a new post I would have said something weeks ago! :) But I'm glad to see you guys have been having some fun lately. Can we call Jeff's parents here in Logan, I sure like their eating choices. haha, well we need to talk soon but I'm afraid to start that whole tracking down part since it usually takes us a week to get a hold of each other...

Anonymous said...

Liked the blog, Kimi. We were also very impressed with Jeff's chef skills. Wish I had know about it when he lived at home! Thanks for letting us visit! We had a great time. The Cheesecake Factory is the bomb!--White Chocolate Carmel Macadamia Nut Cheescake--yum, yum, yum!
Kathie (Jeff's Mom)

Angie said...

Hey guys... sounds like you had a great time eating your way through Pittsburgh! We miss you lots. Jeff you look quite comfortable in that chair... totally proud of you Jeffy!!

Anonymous said...

top [url=http://www.c-online-casino.co.uk/]casino online[/url] check the latest [url=http://www.realcazinoz.com/]online casinos[/url] unshackled no set aside perk at the leading [url=http://www.baywatchcasino.com/]baywatchcasino.com
[/url].