So after the crazy super bowl we went up to the main street in our neighborhood (two streets from our house) and this is what we saw...
This demonstration of post partying did not dissappoint. There were search helicoptors, police whipping out their beat-down sticks, and police with attack dogs... it was CRAZY!!!!!
I couldn't decide which videos to choose from... so you get to see them all.
This is in front of our house... about 5 minutes after the Steelers won.
Just walking up to see all the action...
Craziness!!
I wish we could have got a better video of the cop. When he got out of his cop car he whipped out his baton and started shouting and getting in peoples faces yelling at them to SHUT UP and GET BACK!!! He meant business!
I wish we could have got a better video of the cop. When he got out of his cop car he whipped out his baton and started shouting and getting in peoples faces yelling at them to SHUT UP and GET BACK!!! He meant business!
And.... the helicopter with a spotlight... no joke!
Needless to say... we definitely stood out in the crowd. We were about the only ones without Steeler's attire and a beer can in our hands. We probably looked so stupid. We just stood there watching in amazement at everyone.
And apparently this isn't even the half of it... down by Jeff's school people have started huge bon fires on the streets... from what I can see on the news there are thousands of people in downtown Oakland. Not to mention about 4 helicopters circling JUST downtown Pittsburgh... they've already arrested people for attempting to turn cars upside down. I have never seen anything like this in my life!! It said on the news that there are over 500 cops on duty tonight. I think I'll stay in doors for the rest of the night... :)
A guy came into work the other day and said to me... "I don't know if anyone has ever told you this before... but Pittsburgh is a drinking city with a sports problem." I can now attest to that!!!
I was warned by my coworkers that if the Steelers win... expect them to come in with hangovers to work the next day.... tomorrow will be interesting. I may just have to take over the branch by myself! :)
Well there you have it.... you've now experienced what it's like in Pittsburgh after we win the Superbowl!! We definitely had our eyes opened tonight!!!!! Go Pittsburgh!
12 comments:
Sounds crazy! Did you get a job??
Wow, you're brave for going out in that! I was thinking how lucky we were to have a house between us and the crazies in our street.
I'm so glad you two ventured out last night... We didn't have our camera as we were driving home and we weren't about to head back into that madness! Good job capturing it! I might need to steal some of your pictures... or maybe just put a link to your blog on my blog.
I'm guessing all that craziness is the reason you didn't answer my phone call...or call me back for that matter. I think we need to set a new year's goal to answer each others calls better. HA. I know that is a long shot. I'm still waiting to hear more about your job and everything else!
wow, sounds kinda fun! I personally was cheering for the Cardinals.... dang. Pretty crazy though, I can't even imagine.
Wow that's insane!!! I didn't the two together that the steelers are from Pittsburgh and that you live there too! I've never seen anything like that.
Good footage! My guess is that cop was just a disgruntled Cardinals Fan who stole a cop suit for the night!! :)
crazy! holy crud. pittsburgh seriously does have a sports problem.
I loved watching all those videos! If just the local streets were so crazy, can you imagine being in Oakland? It would have been seriously scary!
Uhmm, I was frantic.....and totally scared. I'm sure it didn't show because I'm so good at hiding my feelings!!! Kidding.
We were shocked at the fires and everything in Oakland too. We moved our car off the streets to a parking lot behind the house since we still have AZ license plates. Sorry we missed the party, sounds like it was eventful
haha. that is so funny! i wish i was there though! my friends and fam were most likely right in the middle of all that craziness. i had my own party here in logan thats for sure. GO STEELERS!!! WAHOO!!!!!!!!!! can you tell i'm still so excited??!!
Post a Comment