Ashlee and John came and visited us the weekend before we left to Utah. I was so glad when I heard they were coming to visit that weekend, in hopes that Ashlee would be able to stay a couple of extra days and drive home with me! I wasn't one bit excited about the idea of making the 8+ hour drive with 2 kids by myself. Thank goodness she willingly agreed...and thank goodness she has such a nice husband who drove home by himself so she could ride home with me. You're awesome John!
The weekend went by real quick. I hope next time they can stay a little longer!
We had fun playing games, eating great food, visiting Jeff at his work, eating LOTS of Jeff's homeade cookies (just ask Ash!), and making our daily trip to Target (literally).
Did I mention we hit an antelope on our way to dinner!? Well we did....about 2 blocks away from our house. It was tragic for everyone in the car, except probably Jeff. He was ready to just drive away and leave the deer helpless in the middle of the road. Umm... what!?
The poor antelope was trying to army crawl across the road since both of his back legs were hit. It was yelling (not sure if antelope yell, but that's what it sounded like) in pain. We called the cops and they came and took care of it. I made sure we left before the cops shot the poor antelope right in front of us. The saddest part was the other antelope were just standing across the field waiting for the injured little guy to come with them. So sad. :(
Thanks for coming to visit us!! Trey and Kate loved all the attention!
Did I mention we hit an antelope on our way to dinner!? Well we did....about 2 blocks away from our house. It was tragic for everyone in the car, except probably Jeff. He was ready to just drive away and leave the deer helpless in the middle of the road. Umm... what!?
The poor antelope was trying to army crawl across the road since both of his back legs were hit. It was yelling (not sure if antelope yell, but that's what it sounded like) in pain. We called the cops and they came and took care of it. I made sure we left before the cops shot the poor antelope right in front of us. The saddest part was the other antelope were just standing across the field waiting for the injured little guy to come with them. So sad. :(
Thanks for coming to visit us!! Trey and Kate loved all the attention!





No comments:
Post a Comment