We had a good Halloween this year. Holidays are a lot more fun when you get to celebrate them with kids. They seriously make all the difference.
We went to our wards trunk-or-treat and chili cook off. Trey participated in all the kid games and scored himself some popcorn and a cupcake for winning. He was thrilled!
Trey was the only one in our family who dressed up. (We're lame) We borrowed a Tigger costume from my sister and I think he made a pretty darn cute Tigger. Any time someone asked him what he was going to be for Halloween he would hop up and down and grab his "pretend" tail. It was cute.
Trey loved going from car to car to get more candy... poor kid can't say trick-or-treat, so he'd just stand there all cute waiting for his candy. He would sign thank you, but not many people know what that means. I hate feeling like I have to explain to everyone that he doesn't talk. Especially when they would withhold the candy until he would say trick-or-treat. (obviously not knowing he doesn't talk)
We carved/painted pumpkins one night as a family.
I went the lazy route and drilled holes in my pumpkin and Jeff went all out. It's amazing what a few dental tools will do for you. :)
I personally like my pumpkin best and it took much less time! :)
Jeff and I were lazy this year and never dressed up. Next year I told him we have to go all out and not be such party poopers. Halloween has never been my favorite holiday. Next year we will dress up...mark my words!
On the night of Halloween we invited our friends Ryan and Taryn over for pizza, pumpkin cake, and wassail.
Then we took the kids trick-or-treating.
To say that Trey LOVED it, would be an understatement. He really grasped the concept of trick-or-treating this year (not much to grasp other than you get candy!) and kept wanting to go to "more" houses. His bucket got so heavy he started having to hold it with two hands. When I asked if I could help him hold it he responded, "NO!" He wasn't about to let me touch his candy!
The trick-or-treaters:
Next year these two kiddlings will be running along behind them.
They don't get much cuter than this.
After the first couple of days of Trey asking me ALL. DAY. LONG. for some candy I finally started limiting his candy to 3 pieces a day. We hung a little paper on the fridge with 3 boxes that he could check off every time he got a piece of candy. And most of the time all 3 boxes were checked off by 10am. He just couldn't resist! The candy wasn't disappearing fast enough so after about a week of that, I let him choose 10 candies and told him when they are gone they're gone and I chucked the rest! Feww! I am happy to say the candy is finally gone and his bucket is put away until next year. He was not too thrilled about that. Our dentist dad can now sleep at nights. :)
Now on to more important things like Thanksgiving and Christmas! Woot woot!!
We went to our wards trunk-or-treat and chili cook off. Trey participated in all the kid games and scored himself some popcorn and a cupcake for winning. He was thrilled!
Trey was the only one in our family who dressed up. (We're lame) We borrowed a Tigger costume from my sister and I think he made a pretty darn cute Tigger. Any time someone asked him what he was going to be for Halloween he would hop up and down and grab his "pretend" tail. It was cute.
Trey loved going from car to car to get more candy... poor kid can't say trick-or-treat, so he'd just stand there all cute waiting for his candy. He would sign thank you, but not many people know what that means. I hate feeling like I have to explain to everyone that he doesn't talk. Especially when they would withhold the candy until he would say trick-or-treat. (obviously not knowing he doesn't talk)
We carved/painted pumpkins one night as a family.
I went the lazy route and drilled holes in my pumpkin and Jeff went all out. It's amazing what a few dental tools will do for you. :)
I personally like my pumpkin best and it took much less time! :)
Jeff and I were lazy this year and never dressed up. Next year I told him we have to go all out and not be such party poopers. Halloween has never been my favorite holiday. Next year we will dress up...mark my words!
On the night of Halloween we invited our friends Ryan and Taryn over for pizza, pumpkin cake, and wassail.
Then we took the kids trick-or-treating.
To say that Trey LOVED it, would be an understatement. He really grasped the concept of trick-or-treating this year (not much to grasp other than you get candy!) and kept wanting to go to "more" houses. His bucket got so heavy he started having to hold it with two hands. When I asked if I could help him hold it he responded, "NO!" He wasn't about to let me touch his candy!
The trick-or-treaters:
Next year these two kiddlings will be running along behind them.
They don't get much cuter than this.
My cute little elephant.
I could just eat her up.
Now on to more important things like Thanksgiving and Christmas! Woot woot!!









No comments:
Post a Comment