In true Western fashion, we spent 3 days celebrating Trey's birthday. (March 12th)
Hey it's not a birthday unless you can go out with a bang! And that we did!
Saturday night a few of us met up at Chick-fil-a.
The kids had a ball playing in the playland.
(This was the best picture I could get of all of them)
On Sunday we had some of Trey's friends over for ice cream and cake.
I wish our house was big enough to invite all his friends!
Trey was in heaven.
{Before his friends arrived.}
(Still working on that smile!)
Everyone else got off the couch and Trey just sat there for a few more minutes.
It cracked us all up.
I even went all out and made him a firetruck cake. He LOVES firetrucks lately and has to always point them out when he sees them. (Along with busses and planes and so forth) But on this particular day Jeff took Trey on a walk up to see the firetrucks and when they got close to them he started freaking out!! He was SO scared of them! Haha! I was like, "Great, I'm glad I'm making him a firetruck cake!" He still loved his cake, but we have since learned, his obsession over firetrucks is only when he can look at them from afar or in a book. Silly kid!
Monday (his actual birthday), I made a yummy dinner and Trey opened all his presents.
Afterwards we went to Jeff's church ball game to cheer him on. That was probably the highlight of all three days for Trey. He loves getting to watch his Daddy play ball.
Helping them warm up before the game.
His favorite gift was a present from his Grandma Kathie and I.
His new trike.
Now he can keep up with the big kids!
The kids had a ball playing in the playland.
(This was the best picture I could get of all of them)
On Sunday we had some of Trey's friends over for ice cream and cake.
I wish our house was big enough to invite all his friends!
Trey was in heaven.
{Before his friends arrived.}
(Still working on that smile!)
Everyone else got off the couch and Trey just sat there for a few more minutes.
It cracked us all up.
I even went all out and made him a firetruck cake. He LOVES firetrucks lately and has to always point them out when he sees them. (Along with busses and planes and so forth) But on this particular day Jeff took Trey on a walk up to see the firetrucks and when they got close to them he started freaking out!! He was SO scared of them! Haha! I was like, "Great, I'm glad I'm making him a firetruck cake!" He still loved his cake, but we have since learned, his obsession over firetrucks is only when he can look at them from afar or in a book. Silly kid!
Monday (his actual birthday), I made a yummy dinner and Trey opened all his presents.
Afterwards we went to Jeff's church ball game to cheer him on. That was probably the highlight of all three days for Trey. He loves getting to watch his Daddy play ball.
Helping them warm up before the game.
His favorite gift was a present from his Grandma Kathie and I.
His new trike.
Now he can keep up with the big kids!



2 comments:
Crazy how fast they grow. Cole has the same crazy obsession with firetrucks. But when we went on a fieldtrip to the firestation with his preschool class he was TERRIFIED. What is up with that? :)
I can not believe you made that cake. very impressed. happy late birthday trey!
Post a Comment