Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Grandma and Grandpa Come to Town

My mom and dad came to visit us this last week, and although the weather was rather depressing the WHOLE TIME they were here, we still had ourselves a good time.  We spent the first weekend relaxing and watching conference together, and of course eating yummy food which is a MUST over conference weekend.  We took them to Pamela's and Uncle Sam's... which is also a MUST.  I'm really going to miss those places when we move.

My parents were so kind to watch Trey for two of the mornings so I could get some work done at the dental school by my very own Dr. Jeff.  He did an awesome job, and I'm not just saying that because he's my husband.  My teeth look great and the best part is it was pain free!  I'm so proud of him for all the hard work he's put into becoming a dentist.  It has definitely paid off.

Because the weather was so crappy we spent a lot of time indoors playing games, watching movies, and relaxing.  Not to mention our free entertainment.  [Trey]

Despite the freezing temperatures and non-stop rain, we managed to take a quick little trip to Niagra Falls and Palmyra.  Niagra was a little too cold for my liking, especially with a baby, but at least my dad got to see the falls and that's all that matters.  Right Dad?  :)  It actually started to snow while we were there and the wind was blowing so hard, so even though it was like 30 degrees, it felt more like 15.  I probably would have enjoyed myself a little more had I of not been so worried about Trey the whole time.  The wind kept blowing off his blankets and he kept pulling off his gloves.  It must not have been too terrible for him because somehow, despite the cold, he fell asleep.  Snow. Wind. Rain. and all.  Crazy kid.





The temperature warmed up a bit while we were in Palmyra and the rain subsided for a good chunk of the day so we were able to enjoy ourselves a little more.  Actually, a lot more.  We really had a great time in Palmyra.  Visiting the Sacred Grove and the place where Joseph Smith grew up could never get old.  


I'm so glad my parents decided last minute to come spend the week with us.  Trey loved every minute of having them here.  And although we were hoping for warm weather and sunny skies (I suppose that's a lot to ask in Pittsburgh), it gave us a good excuse to stay indoors and relax.  Maybe if you come back this summer (cough, cough) we can view Pittsburgh in all it's glory.  :)

 
Thanks for coming Mom and Dad!  Please come back soon!

3 comments:

BusyMama said...

Brrr! I'm glad you had a good time even though it's still winter in April. I'm a little bitter too.

Caitlyn said...

So fun to have them there! I'm glad they made the trip. It always makes such a difference to spend some time with family and have one-on-one time with Grandma & Grandpa

tiffany and darren said...

so fun!! trey is such a mini kimmi!!