I haven't posted in a while because to be honest there hasn't been anything exciting to post about... (shocker, I know!) Jeff finally hit the reality of school and has cracked down on studying. And I... well I am still looking for employment. So while Jeff is at school all day, I sit home feeling like a lazy peice of you know what. We were joking the other night after dinner... I told him to leave all the dishes in the sink so it would give me something to do the next day. Pathetic I know. As much as I'd like to feel sorry for myself because I sit home all day cooped up in our house with not a whole lot to do... I really can't complain. I think my husband would switch places with me in a heartbeat. Jeff has literally been studying his head off. Literally. He comes home at night with his eyes all red and glazed over... poor guy. I really don't know how he does it. I've certainly not seen anyone study as much as he has the past couple of weeks. Let me enlighten you with a typical day in the life of Jeff.... wake up at 5:30 (barf)... catch the bus at 6:15... study until class at 8 or 10 (depending on the day)... class from 10-12... lunch... class from 1-3... study, study, study... home by 9:30. Okay so sometimes he is home by 6 or so but when he comes home and studies more, it might as well be 9:30. And by that time I am bursting with excitement for someone to hang out with... and all he really wants to do is go to bed because he is mentally and physically exhausted, not to mention he has to get up and start the same day all over again. Of course, I don't blame him, but I do have to remind myself often that he is doing this for us. We both signed up for this knowing it was going to be tough. And I can't lie, it really hasn't been bad until just recently. He had a test Friday, Monday, Tuesday and another one this Friday. Talk about overload! I am so proud of him and the fact that he has gotten this far, I know he is going to do great! And once I get a job... if I ever get a job... things will hopefully be better. On top of that I hurt my back/neck Friday night due to stupidity on both mine and Jeff's part (that's as much as I'll try and explain it...) which left me immobile for a good three days. Not fun. That may have been good for Jeff because he could study without feeling the guilt of having to hang out with me. Although I did have to boss him around quite a bit considering I couldn't move other than to get up and go to the bathroom. Even that was an experience... Thank heavens it happened on a weekend so Jeff was able to stay home and take care of me. He was an excellent help. Seriously... who needs a doctor?? I have Jeff! :) I think he may have been a little worried that I might take advantage of the fact that I couldn't move, I should have drug it out for a few more days!! Luckily I am feeling much better and will hopefully avoid having to see a chiropractor... we'll see. On a lighter note... my friend Carlee had her baby a little over a week ago. He is so adorable... and has so much hair! Last week when all of our husbands went to priesthood, me and Nicole went and hung out at the hospital with Carlee and baby Hayden. Nicole cut (talk about a true friend) and painted Carlee's toenails while I.... held the baby. :) I'm so glad to have made so many nice friends out here, they really have been a great support and have made it so much easier to be out here away from family. 
They also have so many girls nights here which has been a nice way for me to get to know so many awesome girls and to get out of the house for a while. I went to a craft night Wednesday and we made magnets. Here is the extent of my craftiness...
I've also joined a book club which I thought I'd never do but I really like it. Our last book we read was called, "Live To Tell," by Immaculee Ilabagiza. This is a sad but great inspirational book. It's about a story of a lady who survived the Rwandan Holocaust. I highly recommend it. I just finished reading October's book, "The Secret Life of Bees," by Sue Monk Kidd, which is also an excellent book if anyone is looking for a good read.
And last but not least I finally took a few pictures of our house...








So there you go. I didn't post pictures of our bedroom because I haven't made the bed yet... so that will have to come later.
13 comments:
I had heard that you hurt your neck, how are you doing? If you need help in the future, Kelly Luna is a physical therapist and she really helped me with my back. I can totally relate about the studying, it just hit all of a sudden. We really need to do something fun this weekend.
Your boring life kinda sounds like my boring life, but yours is just amped up on the studying part! I keep looking at people's blogs but I have no desire to post something of my own due to boringness. I'm really trying to think of something though...
And I hope your neck is on the mend!! You've really had trouble with that haven't you? What exactly do you do to it? :) Too bad Jeff isn't going to chiropractor school.
As for the magnets (super cute) and the book club...I have to laugh! But I'm glad you're keeping yourself entertained.
Lastly...your house looks way cute ...from what I can see! The pics are like the size of a postage stamp and I can't click on them to enlarge. But good effort, I'm guessing I was one the main ones you were doing it for? So thanks. haha. Hit me up sometime, it's quite baffling that we can never find time for each other in our boring lives. ;)
With you talking about your bout with unemployment reminds me of me. There have been way too many days where I feel like a lazy pile of nothingness. Look where its got me...blogging. Not only do I check blogs now, I did my own the other day. Man do I need to go to work. Tell Jeff I said hello and keep keepin it the only way you know how.
Benji
Finally you decided to blog again!! Looks like you have a ton of fun friends. At least you can hang with them. I guess I should look into joining a book club? :)
hey which ward are you in there in pittsburgh?
It sounds like you guys are having a fun time in Pittsburgh! Sad though about how much Jeff has to study. I'm afraid this is how our life will be in about a year... Brody wants to get a master's and I'm sure not going back. We're probably going to move away too, so I'm glad you see that you are having fun and making friends. Maybe I won't have too hard of a time. Hope your back feels better!
um ok! so who gave you permission to post that HANOUS picture of me on your blog! barf on my face 5 times it's so gross!! ya still swollen and huge lol!! sick but a funny pic :)
hey! you're in the fifth ward? how fun! do you know the Haglunds? I was good friends with their daughter Alexis. She lives down in Provo now, though. But her dad used to be the bishop of the 5th ward. At least I'm pretty sure it was the fifth ward. I'm trying to think of who else lived there because i miss the 5th and 6th wards up sometimes. Hmm...I'll throw out some names and you can tell me if you know them. Crossleys, Virgis, Thielets? It was quite a while ago, so maybe some people arent there anymore. I actually havent been home since last May, but I'm trying to figure out a time to go soon.
Hi Kimi!
I am so glad that you are doing your blog. It keeps everybody updated and it is fun to see your personality come through in it. I think you are a great blog writer. Keep it coming! I love it
Mom
Hey,
It's good to finally see a new post! I know what you mean about everything hitting at once, but all I can say is that it does get a lot easier. I PROMISE! If you ever need a house to crash at, mine is open.
Amber
Sounds like your trying to keep yourself entertained. It's hard being away from family huh?? I also wanted to let you know of our new blog address www.jsnortonfamily.blogspot.com Take Care
Your house looks cute as can be! And I love your magnets too! Good luck on the job hunt... that doesn't sound like much fun at all. If you are bored in the day call me for settlers... I can still do vinyl stuff while I'm doing that!
Super cute magnets...you are so crafty. If you are bored come on over and work on projects with me!
Post a Comment