It's official. He CRAWLS!! It may have took him a few months to figure it out, but now that he has, the kid doesn't stop! He is one busy bee and into just about anything he can get his hands on. We have taught him no-no and most of the time he responds pretty well to it. In fact when he's about to touch something he knows he's not supposed to, he will reach out his hand like he's going to touch it, then shake his head no-no and then crawl away. It's pretty darn cute. Jeff and I get a good laugh out of it.
We have made very small progress with the sippy cup.... but it's progress none the less. I'll take what I can get.
He is still a great eater. Sometimes I forget to feed him when he is hungry, and when that happens, I can't put the food on his tray fast enough. I feel like I barely turn around for one second and it is gone... or at least all shoved in his mouth. Lesson learned: Don't forget to feed the poor kid!! His new favorite foods are bananas, blueberries, peas, and freeze dried yogurt.
We have made a break through with sleeping. I hate to say that, for fear I may jinx myself.... but Trey has done pretty darn good lately. (minus the past few days) He will go 10-12 hrs straight, and then sometimes go down for a couple more hours after that. One things for sure, we both LOVE our sleep.
His sleeping habits have been so good until this last week. He went from sleeping great to hardly sleeping at all. I was seriously beginning to think my child was scared of his crib. Every single time I'd go to lay him down, he would freak out... I mean have a COMPLETE melt down, which was so unlike him. It didn't matter if it was for a nap or for bedtime, he would NOT have it. He wouldn't end up going to bed until hours after his regular bed time, on top of refusing to take an afternoon nap. Now keep in mind that Trey just recently started standing up in his crib, which I thought may be the reason for him not wanting to go to sleep... maybe he couldn't figure out how to lay back down?? So I would go in and lay him back down multiple times, only to have him bounce right back up screaming. I was at my whits end. Jeff is generally the logical one in situations like this, but he too was out of ideas. Yesterday, I decided I just needed to let him cry until he figured out how to lay down and go to sleep. He cried for 2 hours (and I may or may not have cried a little myself).... after two hours I couldn't take it anymore and ended up going in and rocking him to sleep. 2 Hours!! That is a LONG time for me. Anyway, I finally decided to take him to the Doctor. Turns out he has a double ear infection. Yep, I am a horrible mom who let my child scream countless hours this past week while the poor kid was in pain! In my defense, we did take his temperature often and watched for other signs of a possible ear infection. Not to mention I have taken him to the doctor twice in the past thinking he had an ear infection and he never did. I felt awful, but am SO RELIEVED to know there is an explanation for all of this. Now I don't have to feel guilty about loading him up on tylenol. Hopefully the antibiotics will kick in quick.
Aside from the stress of a non-sleeping/sick baby.... it is the ONLY time he will let me cuddle him. I treasure every last minute of it. (Even if it is at 2am)
11 month pics will have to come later when mommy and baby are up to it.
3 comments:
YAY for crawling!!! That's so cute that he knows what he's not supposed to touch and shakes his head and crawls away! Carlos just grins at us and proceeds to do the thing he was told not to do the stinker. That or cry lol.
That stinks that Trey has a double ear infection! I hope he feels better soon! I know what you mean about feeling awful for leaving them in their crib to cry. Carlos does it almost every time we put him in his crib unless he's really asleep when we put him down. I wish he would sleep for 10 hours straight!! I'm lucky if he sleeps for 5 hrs straight...someday we'll get this sleep thing down though!
The ear infection saga sounds all too familiar! Guilt, tears, and antibiotics have dominated my life this week. I hope Trey gets over it quickly and he's back to sleeping like a champ. What is it about 11 months that gets these boys to sleep through the night? And more importantly, why didn't it happen 8 months ago???
It is so hard to know what is really wrong with those babies of ours. I thought Stella did have an ear infection but no...then a day later learned she was getting 5 teeth. I felt just as bad that I didn't know that so don't worry, we all have been there! Glad he is sleeping/feeling better. Nothing is worse than being up all night and having a sick baby!
Post a Comment