My little man is 8 months today! He is getting so big and so fun! Every day I think how I can't possibly love him any more... and every morning when I go in and get him from his crib, he greets me with a great big happy smile, and my heart just melts. I love this kid so much! Each new stage has been so fun. Although I'm sure I have said that each new stage is my favorite, I seriously have loved each and every one. Sometimes I just wish time would stand still so I can enjoy each stage just a little bit longer. What a joy it's been to have this little boy in our home, I couldn't be more grateful to be his mom.
After like 15 tries...this is the best smile I could get. He was hard to crack today.
Trey is still figuring out the whole crawling thing. He really is pretty content to just sit there and play with his toys. He doesn't show much interest in crawling... yet. But to be honest, after watching a lot of my friends kids, I am actually grateful he isn't crawling yet! It's so much easier taking care of a kid who I can set down and will still be in the same spot when I come back in the room. I know that won't last for long, so for now, I will enjoy it.
For the most part Trey loves his baths... until I accidentally get soap in his eyes, then he hates it. Ever since Trey was born, he's never enjoyed getting dressed. And STILL to this day he HATES getting dressed. It takes all my effort to try and distract him while I dress him. And the distracting part doesn't last long, so I have to be FAST. Little stink.
Just recently, Trey has learned how to dance. Or I guess it's more like bounce. But it's cute. Every time he hears music, whether it's from one of his toys, my phone, the TV, or the radio, he starts bouncing. It makes me laugh every time. And on a good "bounce"... he raises one of his arms like he's raising the roof AND bounces. It's hilarious.
As you can probably tell in the above pictures, Trey is a good eater. He likes most of his fruits and veggies... but he especially loves his oatmeal and fruit in the mornings. He has also taken a liking to bread. Like I always say, "a boy after his moms heart." His new favorite snack is baby "mum-mums." The best part is they aren't that messy. Well that and it keeps him distracted for a good 10 min.
Trey is a pretty good sleeper. I say pretty because he still isn't totally sleeping through the night. He goes about 12 hours with one feeding somewhere in there... usually around 5 or 6. Someday hopefully he'll figure it out. His naps... well his naps lately haven't been great. But I'm going to blame it on the fact that he is teething. And on top of that he has been sick. This is the first time Trey has gotten sick, well visibly sick anyway. Six words to describe it... Nasty cough. Nasty nose. Nasty diapers. Not fun. So hopefully his naps will return to normal soon. Hopefully. Fingers crossed.
Speaking of teeth... he now has three teeth and one that is oh so close to coming through. I swear it's been breaking through the gums for over a week now. Soon he will have both his front bottom and top teeth.
We have advanced Trey to a big boy carseat and I think he's enjoying the new view he has. He loves watching all the other cars. I think that's why he loves going on walks so much.
Well I could go on and on but instead I will leave you with a few videos.
I tried getting his dancing on video but every time I'd turn on the camera, he would stop. Isn't that the way it always goes? So here's the best I got... Sorry they are kinda long and probably boring to most of you. Mom, these are for you. :)
8 months from Kimi Wegener on Vimeo.
8 months from Kimi Wegener on Vimeo.




4 comments:
What a cute little guy!! He makes me excited to have a boy:)
Gosh he is just always so happy! Is he still doing that funny thing when you clap?
PS I love your scarf :)
he is so cute! i love all of the videos!
Trey is so adorable! I can't wait to squeeze him when you come in December!
Post a Comment