Friday, September 17, 2010

6 Months and Still HUGE!

I can't believe my baby is already half a year old!  It's crazy to think he is going to be one before I know it!  He has been SO much fun... I have loved every minute of it.  Trey is so full of energy and is always so happy.  People often tell me what a smiley baby I have... and it's true, it really doesn't take much to get him to smile.  I love it because his laugh and smile are so contagious!  Before you know it, he can have the whole room laughing!

It wasn't until these past couple of weeks that my little stinker figured out how to roll over!  I was starting to worry he had become a little too content just laying there on his back.  Which I guess is still the case, considering he has only rolled from tummy to back.  But hey it's a start!  He did it twice in a row one night without me even having to coax him.  I was shocked!  A few of my friends were even there to witness it, so when he didn't do it again for another week I at least had witnesses to prove I didn't make it up!

A friend of ours let us borrow their bouncer that you hang in the doorway and Trey LOVES it.  One time he stayed in it for almost an hour, which of course is great for me.  He also loves his exersaucer. I love watching him discover new toys and new lights, it seems like each time I put him in it he discovers something new and his little face just lights up.  And lately when he presses the music buttons he will start to bounce kinda like he's dancing.  It's too cute.




I don't know if any of you have seen the show Little Einsteins but Trey just loves the introduction to it... In fact, if he is ever fussy or I need something to entertain him, I will turn it on and play it over and over and over.  Gets him every time.  :)  The downside is, Jeff and I often find ourselves singing it during the day.  Hey, it's a catchy theme!

I woke up this morning to find a pearly little white thing popping through Trey's gums.  I was letting him chew on my finger when I felt something sharp!  His first TOOTH!  It's crazy how one day there's nothing and the next it just appears!  Not sure if I'm excited about this or not, I'm just hoping it doesn't lead to biting... otherwise, we might have a problem.

Trey has become a pro at sitting up by himself.  I think I mentioned last time he was still a little wobbly but now he does great.  I like that it makes it easier for him to play with toys when he can sit up on his own.

I have introduced Trey to quite a few baby foods and have discovered... He doesn't love fruit.  He enjoys most of the vegetables or will at least finish them.  And he LOVES his oatmeal.  Always wants more when I am done.  Lately he is starting to want everything we are eating which has become a bit of a challenge because he will get really upset if you don't give it to him.  Smart boy.

Trey is quite the talker.  And he is LOUD.  I could swear that he tries to out-do every baby around.  I guess he wants to be heard!  Church has become oh so fun.  For some reason he is the loudest when it is the quietest.

If someone would have told me that my 6 month old would be wearing 18 month clothes I wouldn't have believed them.  But it's true!!  Trey is wearing 18 month clothes!!!  Yes I know, it is quite hilarious.  Next time I don't think I will be buying clothes in advance.  I have wasted way too much money on clothes that have gone straight to bins before they've even been worn!  Such a sad thing because he had such cute clothes.

I took Trey to his 6 month appointment yesterday and aside from a few tears, he handled his shots like a champ.  I think sometimes it's harder for me to watch him get them than it is for him to get them!  Here are his stats:

Weight: 23lbs 12oz  (Size of an average 14 month old)
Height:  28 1/2 in  (Size of an average 1 year old)
Head:  18 in

Yes, he is still off the charts in all three...  I really don't mind, I think it makes him extra cute. :) It's just a pain having to carry him around everywhere!!  The doctor is hopeful that he will soon start evening out.  Supposedly, that is usually the case once they start moving.  We will see.

Here are a couple 6 month shots.  Notice he is sporting a Utah State T-shirt. (Thank you Laci)  
GO AGGIES!!!

13 comments:

Jamie said...

He is so cute! I can't believe he is getting a tooth! Brookie loves the exersauser too. She just sucks on the apple thingy that sticks up. too funny!

Joni said...

Ok he is way cute! I am a little jealous Carter (who is 2) weights the same! Happy half birthday big boy!

Elise said...

Baby Einsteins is the best, Oakley loved it too. His little face in all your pictures is just soo cute, I love the expressions he's making!! 18 month clothes- WOW!! Just think, when he finally catches up to his weight he'll probably be able to wear the same clothes for years!!

Tara and Brigham said...

Ok, he is too cute! And big babies are the best!

Meredith said...

23 pounds! He officially outweighs Keri (who is 15 months old), but at least you probably can get his pants to stay up, so count yourself blessed! I totally had 6 month olds wearing 18 month old clothes too since my kids are so long...but luckily I can still buy ahead since I knew what to expect after Braden. And as far as the wanting to eat what you are eating, good luck! I say keep giving him the baby food, I probably gave up to easily but Keri would throw a fit too if we ate something she wasn't and so after awhile we just started giving her stuff we were eating. And now, the girl thinks vegetables are The Enemy :)

Bobbie said...

Wow he's adorable! Cole (who will be 2 next week) weighs less. What a lucky girl you are, I have the hardest time finding clothes that will stay up on him. He sounds like such a happy baby. And just FYI Cole stopped taking any sort of baby food... bottle, solids, oatmeal, anything! At about that age because he wanted what we had, so good luck with that one.

Amy said...

I think Trey weighs more than Freddy LOL He is SO cute Kimi - such a smiley baby!

Caitlyn said...

So cute! He really is so smiley! Trey weighs the same amount as my Lillian who turned 2 last month!! You must have some buff arms...Way to go with the tooth and the food. Exciting times...

Ryan and Kaeli said...

He and Stoc Are so the Same!! Cute!

Benji and Anne King said...

Love the Aggies shirt! Carson has some LSU gear, but we'll need to put some Aggie blue on him one of these days. He should like it since he sometimes stares at a USU blanket we have on the couch. Trey is looking great and happy; Happy 6 months!

Benji

Benji and Anne King said...

Oh my goodness he is getting cuter all the time! Hopefully you'll be able to use those cute new clothes in the future so they won't totally be wasted.:) Happy 6th months--I can't believe how dang fast time goes these days!
Anne

laci said...

Haha oh so funny! Navi weighs 24 lbs! And I'm loving the Utah State shirt, Aggies all the way! Wish we lived closer... :(

ps, for your good friend Laci's sake, if you wanted to go into your settings and take off the "type-in-a-word-before-you-post-a-comment-thing, I would love you even more :)
(it's just a huge pain on my phone, aka, my only internet source nowadays. I know, you love me!)

Shelly Johnston said...

That kid is so darn cute!!!! Give him big hugs and kisses for us!! I can't believe how much that last picture looks like Lydia!