Jeff and I weren't able to go home this year since my work schedule wouldn't allow for it... so we made the best of it by spending it with each other. I'm happy to report that although I did miss my family TONS, it was actually fun to spend all that time with my husband and start a few traditions of our own. We also spent much of the holidays with a lot of our good friends out here which definitely helped ease some of the homesickness. Thank heavens for a good husband and good friends or else I just might have spent my Christmas in bed with a kleenex box and a book. This was the very FIRST Christmas I have EVER been away from family... and I survived it... with a smile!
Here is a glimpse of the Wegener home over the holidays... and my attempt of decorating... we are slowly but surely accumulating decorations as the years go on... (we take donations) :)
A bunch of our friends got together and celebrated the semester of school being over. We had pizza and played games. Any excuse to party right?
And here's to the pregnant woman of the group. (That were there anyway) All three of us are almost a month apart. Starting with Kaylene on the right.
Jeff and I on Christmas Eve. I am 30 weeks to date in this pic.
Nicole and Tyler invited us over on Christmas Eve. They made us fondue with all sorts of yummy dipping foods. Believe me when I say, I ate ALOT. And on top of that she made a pudding dessert that was to die for. (Hey, I am eating for two remember?)
Then we played games and listened to Christmas music into wee hours of the night... we definitely had a good time. Thanks Tyler and Nicole for doing a good job of replacing our families for the night!
Christmas Morning. My mom had sent Jeff and I a package that we promised not to open until Christmas morning. She had filled the box with those three posters and written her own little saying with candy bars and a whole bunch of gift cards to a bunch of different places. It was so fun to open up and read. Great idea mom! Plus she threw in a few extra things for Baby Wegener and some pajamas for me. Needless to say, we felt very loved! Thanks again mom and dad... it sure made my day!
Jeff scored himself some new basketball shoes (which he seems to think he needs every year)... plus I surprised him with a pair of every day shoes that are pretty dang good lookin if I do say so myself. Yeah, I'm nice like that.
Jeff spoiled me with a whole bunch of good stuff. He snuck down in the middle of the night and filled my stocking and added a few more presents under the tree. I had my very own Santa! He is always so good to me.
After opening all our presents we made ourselves a traditional Western family breakfast... with a few tweeks. Instead of french toast, I made swedish pancakes. My grandma makes the best swedish pancakes and unfortunately for Jeff and I we can't get enough of them! So we make them... LOTS. They are especially good when you load them up with butter, powdered sugar, whipped cream, and fruit. Crap, I want some RIGHT NOW. We also had bacon and sausage and my favorite, orange juice. (I only get to drink this on occasions because it gives me such bad heartburn!) Don't worry... I took a zantac.
We followed up that day by going to the movie Avatar... which we both really enjoyed. Then we had a good traditional ham dinner with all of the 2nd year couples who stuck around for the holidays. If you can't spend it with family, what better way than with good friends?!? We decided to do it at the church since that seems to accomodate big groups the best... plus it's much easier to clean up.
I only got a picture of the wives... but we're the better looking half anyway. :)
Jeff seems to attract all the kids. If you can't tell from the pic they have him tied up and are pulling him around with their rope. I don't know what it is but seriously... all the kids LOVE Jeff. They see him at church and immediately get excited. (Mostly the younger ones) I think he is starting to get an ego. :) I keep telling him it probably won't last for long once we have a kid of our own because then he's not going to be able to give them all the attention they love. Oh well, I'll let him enjoy it while he can. He's going to make a great dad!Our friends from Ohio (Ryan and Taryn) came and spent New Years with us. They got here New Years Eve and left on the 2nd. We loved having them visit and enjoyed having friends to hang out with and play games with all weekend.
Ringing in the New Year with two of my pregnant friends. Bring on those babies!!
We ate all sorts of good food... played games (we're good at that)... and watched the ball drop.Here's to a new year full of lots of new adventures... the biggest one being Baby Wegener. We couldn't be more excited! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

We took Ryan and Taryn around the town to the dental school, cathedral of learning, and Primanti Brothers. We ended up here. Where it was bitterly cold and windy. It literally took our breath away. We lasted about 1 minute. Just enough time to take a picture. We discovered that it's not near as pretty in the winter when everything is gray and ugly. It's much prettier at night. Thanks for coming to visit us Ryan and Taryn, you are welcome anytime!
Well it is now 2010... Jeff is back in school, I am feeling pretty good considering, baby Wegener is staying very active, (especially when I try and sleep) and Jeff and I are getting closer and closer to being ready for this baby to come. Jeff spent a good portion of his break finishing up projects, getting things organized, getting things ready for the baby... and SHOVELING. It won't stop snowing here and I am getting sick of it! It didn't snow this year until almost Christmas (which I was grateful for)... but once it started, it hasn't stopped.... and it is COLD!
We just finished painting the baby room. I taped... Jeff painted. We work well as a team. We now have the crib, the bedding, and the changing table up which means I am one step closer to getting his room done. Now... we just need a name. :) HELP!! I am starting to think this baby is going to be nameless. Jeff and I can't seem to agree on anything! But on top of the that neither of us really have a favorite name ourselves. I'm really hoping I have a dream that gives me some kind of revelation of what his name is supposed to be... I'm getting desperate people!
As for now... it is time for bed. But I did accomplish the much needed task.... BLOGGING. My next post, which will include my birthday celebrations will be coming soon. As well as an up to date prego pic. I swear my belly has grown so much in just two weeks. That could be due to Christmas, New Years, and my birthday... but either way, it is HUGE! (I told Jeff, ONLY I am allowed to say that) Stay tuned!
9 comments:
how fun to hear how everything is going. i'm glad you had a good christmas. xo
I love seeing your belly! Your little nameless baby is going to be here before you know it!! (you know I'm only giving you a hard time about not having a name because we were the EXACT same way) :) I'm really glad you had a fun Christmas too, since you couldn't be home. That was a cute present idea from your mom.
Kimi you look so cute!
But I am happy/sad to say I am pretty sure I beat you in the Chubbier category! ;)
Sounds like the holidays were fun.
As for names, cant help you there. Ryan and I agree on ONE Name together. I had a Favorite that he didnt like and he had his that I liked too so his won. Now he tries to throw new ones into the mix. It only messes things up. I would tell you his new ones but they are not cute at all and I can only imagine a little teasing when baby is a little older, atleast that is my thought. Good Luck!!
Kimi,
You look adorable! I keep forgetting to tell you that I saw your mom a couple of weeks ago, and she asked if she could touch my belly, because she can't touch yours she is so cute, I love your mom. She kept saying, "I can't believe Kimi is this big too." And honestly, looking at your photos I don't think you are as big. I'm huge! I'm no help in the name department, we still have WAY too many names being tossed around and we aren't very serious about any of them. You need to post photos of the babie's room, I need inspiration-we're lagging there too. I guess we're bad parents already! I just wanted to say hi, sorry this is a novel!
Dani
Thanks again for being great hosts! We has so much fun. I also would like to see some pics of the nursery on your next update. I want to see which colors you ended up picking. Hope to see you guys again soon! You will need to make a trip and meet baby Stella, who may or may not be arriving as soon as next week! Ahhh!
I think you should name your baby Tom. Just kidding, someone told me to say that :) I'm glad we got to spend Christmas with you guys, you are such fun friends.
I love all of the pictures you took over Christmas! I'm so glad that you had a good time even though you were stuck in the 'burgh! Your belly is getting cuter and cuter everyday! i can't wait to meet your little guy :)
It is hard being away from family for the holidays, but it was nice to spend it with you guys. It's getting closer and closer to the time to see this baby Wegener. I love pregnant bellies, it's so fun to see them grow and how everyone is different.
so great to get a recap! you are such a cute pregnant lady and your little house is super cute! sounds like you had tons of fun. :)
Post a Comment