Monday, August 24, 2009

Summertime... and the livin is... not so easy. :)

I know... don't fall off your chair... it has been almost three months... but yes, I am blogging.

Please take my quiz....

Why have I sucked so bad at blogging lately??

A. I don't make dinner and can't keep up with the laundry and the dishes.... let alone my blog!
B. I come home from work every day and lay on the couch until it's time for bed, because I feel like puking my guts out!
C. I am always tired, I go to bed way too early, and I feel extremely lazy lately...
D. I am Pregnant!
E. All of the Above

Yep, you guessed it! All of the Above!! I promise, I am not ALWAYS that bad of a wife!! Jeff and I are expecting baby Wegener sometime on or around March 4th! We couldn't be more excited! Aside from the seemingly never-ending 24 hour morning sickness, everything seems to be progressing great! Although everyone keeps reminding me that it's usually a good sign if I am sick... that typically is a good indication that the baby is still doing well! So I guess if that's true, I'll take it. I am a few days shy of 13 weeks... which means I am officially past my first trimester. So with any luck, hopefully this nausea stuff will subside soon. I'm keeping my fingers crossed! We finally got to hear the heartbeat last week which was so exciting and so crazy to think there is actually a little baby growing inside of me... it really made this whole pregnancy seem much more real for both of us.
Jeff has already been calling our baby "she"... so if that's not any indication of what he thinks we are having, I don't know what is! I think I have already become accustomed to the whole "she" thing, so if we find out we are having a boy, I think it might throw us both for a loop. But whatever the outcome...we will be thrilled either way, I'm just praying for a healthy baby!

Aside from our exciting news... I thought I'd give a quick recap of what we've been up to this summer. Oh wait... WHAT SUMMER??? :) Atleast that's how Jeff and I feel! We aren't sure where our summer disappeared to. We were both so excited it was finally here, and now it's over! How depressing! But here are a few pics anyway of some of the things we did...

I planted me some flowers.. and Jeff planted some bushes, to help spruce up our yard a little... I meant to take a picture a while ago of how good my flowers were looking... but now... half of them are dead. :( So you'll just have to take my word for it. They sure did look great… they tripled in size and amount!





Went with some friends to the movie "Iron Man" at Shenley Park. Would have loved to have gone to more movies... but unfortunately I just wasn't feeling up to it.
Spent a few days in Ohio visiting P and Taryn... they showed us around their home town and even took us to a fun little firework show for the fourth. We found out the night we got home I was pregnant... two days after they announced to us THEY were pregnant!





Jeff and I splurged a little and went to a few shows at the dollar theater! :) We decided that's the way to do it from now on... it's just hard to justify spending 20 bucks to go to a movie nowadays. Plus the dollar theater has like 10 different movies to choose from... how bad could it be, really. Not to mention I don't have to feel guilty if I end up falling asleep... and Jeff promised he wouldn't even get mad, just as long as I go with him!


I have sort of given up on taking pictures lately, I guess it goes along with everything else the past couple of months... so hopefully that will change soon too. We have had a few bbq's with lots of the dental students and even gotten together to do tin foil dinners with some friends.. all of which I failed to get any pictures of.

And other than that we have had a pretty low key summer. Jeff has fried his brains out from studying every waking minute of every waking day for the past month... actually make that the past 4 months. His summer semester of school was a killer.. and just when he finally got that over with, he had to start studying for boards.... which he takes tomorrow!!!!!!! I'm so glad he'll finally be getting a break from studying. I don't know which one of us is more excited, him or me. And I'm sure I could say the same about my morning sickness... I don't know which one of us is more excited for it to be over!!! Between the two of us lately, we have both been pretty pathetic! I guess we make quite the pair!

Hopefully this next month will bring a little more excitement to our lives. My little sister is getting married the end of September which means WE GET TO GO HOME!!!! I really CAN-- NOT wait! I'm ready for a break from work and more than ready to see my family!

Yesterday was Jeff's birthday and he was sure to inform me that we would not be celebrating because he would be studying all day. So, I made him chicken enchiladas (per his request) and Tapioca pudding for dessert (with two candles in it of course)... and that was the extent of his birthday celebration. That is cetainly NOT how I would choose to celebrate my birthday... poor Jeff. But I do want him to know that I am really proud of him and proud of his dedication to school. I know he gets burnt out, but somehow he finds the motivation and energy to keep on studying! He did AWESOME this last semester and I know he is going to do great on his boards tomorrow. Good luck Jeff, and Happy Birthday! I love your stinkin guts! :)


24 comments:

laci said...

HOORAY!!! I am finally able to speak of Baby Wegener! I'm very excited for both of you and obviously for the coming months. Happy Birthday to Jeff as well. I think this will be my shortest comment ever, but yay again! And I'll talk to you soon I'm sure. :)

Traci said...

Yeah for the good news! Not that I'm surprised at all :) How exciting for you guys! And I hope for your sake that the morning sickness goes away soon.... it's so awful!

Kylee said...

Holy crap CONGRATS on the baby!! That's so exciting and fun for you guys. Although, not the morning sickness part. That's the main thing I dread most about becoming pregnant, so I hope it doesn't last long for you. Good luck with everything!

Unknown said...

Yay! I figured this announcement would be coming one of these days, congrats!!!

Richins Family said...

WHAT!!! YOU'RE PREGNANT!! ha ha jk! so excited for you! if it's a girl i think you should name her after me, considering i'm the one who found her nursery furniture...and also cause i'm awesome! good idea? totally :)

Taryn said...

Yay for babies!!! I was hoping you would be posting this splendid news (or something for that matter..haha) sometime soon! We of course are so happy for you guys and it will be so fun to have our babies so close together (and only live 3 hours apart to acutally see each other!) 16 weeks was the magic number for me, so hopefully that doesn't depress you. The past week and a half I felt so great and can EAT again! So hopefully you will be feeling the same too. Hope boards went well for Jeff today and he had a great birthday! Hope to see you guys soon!

Joni said...

We are so excited for you guys congrats! You really are going to be such a great Mom, I remember how good you were with Ty! Let us know if we can do anything for ya. I hope morning sickness ends soon...

Ryan and Kaeli said...

Yay! Congrats Again Kimi! Still Crazy we are only 1 day difference! And Yay for Near End of Nausea Days! (praying it is the end) I have been feeling somewhat a little better! I hope you are too!! CONGRATS TO YOU BOTH AGAIN!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS CONGRATS! Very exciting news. So sorry you've been sick. It's all worth it in the end. You'll love being a mommy! We are very exciting for you both! Congrats again!!

Amy said...

Congrats Kimi! I am so excited for you! You will have to update the blog more often so we can hear all about how the baby and YOU are doing. So sorry to hear you are that sick. I hope you get feeling better soon. The 2nd trimester is the best :)

Angie said...

YIPPEE!! We are so happy for you guys and can't wait to see you next month... Hopefully feeling much better and sporting a little belly... We love you guys!

Keslers said...

Congrats you two I am so excited for you guys. I bet your family is so excited too. Glad things are going well and the sickeness will go away so hang in there.

Ann said...

Congratulations Kimi! I'm so excited! I hope you have a good pregnancy. I'm ready for mine to be over with, 5 more weeks! Congrats again.

Meredith said...

Hooray for your return to blogging! And I am so glad you are almost done being sick too :) Don't worry, I think all of us are wondering where our summer went. Luckily, there will be more than enough winter to go around :)

Dani said...

CONGRATS KIMI!!!
I'm so happy for you two, but sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well. I'm pretty sure Laci passed on the news that we are due one day apart. I won't rub it in by mentioning I have hardly been sick at all...;)We will have to get together for lunch when you are home for the wedding and talk about babies/pregnancy. Congrats again.
-Dani

Jeff and Teresa Palmer said...

Congrats, I'm so excited for you.

Benji and Anne King said...

Congrats! I am so sorry you feel horrible all the time, but it's great you are already almost into second trimester. Keep us posted on any updates!

Pitcherpost said...

I'm so excited for you! It's so fun when you hear about people about to have their "first". I hope hope hope that your morning sickness ends in the next week or so. I hate hearing that you've been feeling so bad!

Taiya Brown said...

Congrats Kimi!! That is so exciting, good luck with your pregnancy:)

Ryan and Tab said...

HI, it was so good to talk get back in touch with you. Looks like you guys are doing well. Hope you start feeling better, what a long first trimester.

Nells-Bells said...

we are so excited for you guys and so excited to see you!!

Adam and Jess said...

I've known for a while, but it's so fun to finaly leave a comment and hear a little more about it. Sorry you've been so sick. I'm with you about getting out and doing more, this has been a lame summer.

Liz Welker said...

Congratulations on baby Wegener! I am SO excited for you!

Desi and Jess said...

Congrats! We are excited for you!