Monday, June 8, 2009

As of Late...

Here's a few pics of some of the things we've been up to the past couple of weeks...

We celebrated Rachael and Carlee's birthdays.... at the Pancake House...

With these people....

And ate this yummy food! My mouth is watering right now... yours should be too!

Lucky for us, Jeff's dad had a convention for his work in Pittsburgh last week so both his parents were able to come visit us again! We kicked off our week with dinner at one of our favorite restaurants... ICHIBAN. (We actually love ALL Hibachi grill restaurants) Plus you get to watch them make your food which is definitely a bonus! If you haven't gone there... you should. My favorite is the volcano. (Those who have been there know what I am talking about)

Unfortunately Jeff had school and I had to work all week so Tony and Kathie were pretty much left to entertain themselves... but on Saturday we were able to go to Falling Water (the house built on a waterfall by Frank Lloyd Wright). It was really quite amazing to see the work he put into this home. He was an amazing architect. They wouldn't allow us to take any pictures once we were inside, so here a couple from the outside. (The house goes back a lot further than what you can see.)

The view from the other side. Everything was so green. I loved it!

On our way home we stopped and ate at PF Changs... (thanks to our free lettuce wrap coupons we were able to get a free order of lettuce wraps with the purchase of an entree... don't worry, we got 4 entrees, which means 4 lettuce wraps... we weren't letting those coupons go to waste!) And yes, we still have leftovers!
On our way to PF Changs... we saw this....

Is this a new fashion statement that I'm not aware of?? I caught part of Jeff's head in the pic, it was the best I could do without making myself TOO obvious. We already had to slow down so I could take the pic. We still can't figure out if this was their underwear or what they were wearing underneath their shorts, the girl in the front was just as bad as the girl in the back! So attractive...

We had a barbecue with a few of the incoming students for next year. Yay for summer! They were here for orientation so we decided to plan a bbq so we could meet all of them and hopefully help them feel a little more comfortable about coming out here. We had a pretty big turn out! Here's a pic of a few of us.


We decided to do it at a park this year which turned out great! The kids could play on the playground and the boys could play football... while the girls talked!

And yes, I won the biggest hamburger contest. Okay, there wasn't a contest, but if there was... I would have won... HANDS DOWN.

As you can see we are very much enjoying our summer... as much as we can anyway, between work and school. I'm definitely looking forward to more sun and more bbq's. Summer... HERE WE COME!!!!

7 comments:

NJ said...

Great post Kimi! Thanks for making work a little more fun... :)

BusyMama said...

I wish summer would last all year long. And it was fun chatting with your in-laws, maybe our families will some day be guilted in to visiting us. :)

Nicole said...

I have wanted to go to Falling Water for a while now! It looks gorgeous in the pictures!

laci said...

Kim, I don't know where you've been but I've been wearing my wife-beater tank and rank man shorts for quite awhile. It's all the rage in Texas...

Yeah...but fun fun. That falling water house kinda made me laugh. We watched this stinking long movie about it in that one USU class that I currently can't think of the name...you know and you have to go to all the performances of?? Anyways, I thought it was cool but I guess I never actually thought about it really existing. And now you've been there!! :)

Funny you talked about PF Changs too, because you know me and how I'm not the biggest Chinese food fan, but for some reason I really really like PF Changs. (we have been there twice since coming here, and had lettuce wraps both times! YUM!)

Anyway, this is dang long as usual...so I'll have to call you.

Anonymous said...

We had a wonderful time in Pittsburgh. Thanks sooo much. Saw your Mom and nephew last night--what a cutie (actually, both of them are). We really enjoyed seeing your friends again--what a nice group of kids.

Mom and Dad Wegener

Ryan and Kaeli said...

Kimi! K, that is so funny about the fashion statement. Ryan's family was here in Philly for a week and me and his little bro were having fun trying to get pics of interesting dressed people as well. Jake would stand and I would pretend I was getting a pic of him when really...I wasnt. So funny. The cross dressers were our fav. ;)

Tony said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.