As most everyone knows, Jeff and I went home to Utah for the holidays. We had a nice 3 and a half week vacation spent with family and friends. We both had a great time in Utah and were sad to leave. Neither of us were quite ready to come back to reality....
Our flight to Utah wasn't too bad... minus the 8 inches that it snowed in Utah that day, leaving us stranded in Salt Lake for the night. Okay, not really stranded... we spent the night at my cousin’s in Centerville and they drove us up to Logan in the morning. Needless to say... I was very anxious to see my family! Here are a few pics of our time spent in Utah.
Beware.... There are a lot of pictures!
Annual Anderson Family Christmas Party
(This is just my fam)
(This is just my fam)
My grandma is always so sweet to put this together every year... we've had to relocate from my grandma's cabin to the library since our family has gotten so big! As always, we had tons of good food and a program put on by many of the grandkids. (mainly the talented grandkids)... so not me.
The rest of the week we spent going back and forth between families... playing games... eating lots of food... checking off our list of our favorite restaurants we had to eat at while we were home.... christmas shopping... playing MORE games... and eating MORE food.
A few of my friends got together for dinner to celebrate the last night before our good friend Chelsea was to be Wed.
And here we are waiting for the new bride to come out… if you can't tell... it is snowing hard and we are freezing our butts off! .....Only for you Chelsea!! :) The pictures are small because I copied them off facebook, not sure how to change that.


And here she is.... the new bride! She was so pretty!


Me and Chelsea at the wedding dinner… it was absolutely gorgeous, one of the prettiest I've been to.
Two of our friends weren't able to make it... due to crappy weather and unexpected flight cancelelations. (That's what you get for going to New York without us!) They waited in the airport for 24 hours hoping to catch a flight. No such luck. We missed you Abby and Tosha!

We had Jeff’s friend annual Christmas party the following day. It was good to see everyone since only a few of his friends still live in Utah and the rest all live in various parts of the country!
The girls…

Christmas Eve at Angie’s house… We had a yummy ham dinner, played the chimes, and acted out the nativity... I got to be one of the shepherds.

The girls…
Christmas Eve at Angie’s house… We had a yummy ham dinner, played the chimes, and acted out the nativity... I got to be one of the shepherds.
Christmas morning with my fam… of course I only got a pic of my neice.

Christmas afternoon with Jeff’s fam…. he has a big family! That's not even half of them! Okay... maybe half.
Christmas afternoon with Jeff’s fam…. he has a big family! That's not even half of them! Okay... maybe half.
I guess you could say we had a "White Christmas."
We got lucky... my brother in law who works at a car dealership hooked us up with a car with 4-wheel drive the whole time we were there. It was so nice not having to borrow someones car everywhere we went. Let's just say we very much appreciated it. Especially in all that snow!
Jeff and I went to the Jazz game with Ryan and Taryn. Jeff got tickets through Bubba’s Dental (they sell dental equipment). They fed us dinner up in the skybox and the rest of my time was spent watching Kyle Korver. :)
Not the best seats... but I'll take it!
We also attended a few USU basketball games… I think that’s what Jeff most looked forward to on our trip. (seriously) ... and I failed to get a picture. That's how we rang in the New Year! Go Aggies!! ..... followed by watching the ball drop at Time Square with Jeff's friends.
One last lunch with friends at Fredricos.

I planned and organized my cousin Jani’s wedding shower while I was home. It turned out super cute but I will have to post pictures of that later, I am waiting on my sister for the pics.
And finally.... Happy Birthday to me! My family celbrated my birthday before we left.
One last lunch with friends at Fredricos.
I planned and organized my cousin Jani’s wedding shower while I was home. It turned out super cute but I will have to post pictures of that later, I am waiting on my sister for the pics.
And finally.... Happy Birthday to me! My family celbrated my birthday before we left.
Birthday Dinner #1… with Western clan. We ordered out Firehouse… what more could I ask for? (Jeff even gave up going to a USU basketball game to be there) That’s true love people!

Tell me this just doesn't make your mouth water?? :)
While we were sitting down eating dinner my mom was telling everyone that instead of opening presents like usual, she was just going to give me money for my birthday because that's what I had asked for... my nephew who is 4 must have overheard... he went into the bedroom and came back with this.....
He found this box in my sisters room. He drew me a picture and put his name on it (you can kind of see it). He even found some ribbon that he had my dad tie around it.
He came up to me and said.... "Here Timi" (still struggles a little with his K's) "I got you a present too."
And inside was this....
Followed with, "remember, you just want money?"
It was the cutest thing ever! Kids are so dang cute!
It was the cutest thing ever! Kids are so dang cute!
I think I have the best neice and nephew ever!
Well that about raps up our time spent in Utah. It was so good to spend the holidays with family and friends. We were so spoiled while we were there… we couldn’t ask for better families! Thanks to all who made our Christmas and New Years one to remember!
5 comments:
well it's about time!! jk! i always like reading your posts! so DON'T EVER GO A WHOLE MONTH AGAIN!!!! please :)
Holy moley! I love your marathon catch up posts. But really I do. I hope you had a wonderful birthday...Jeff looks like he did well! All your eating out looked so fun...seeing as I was in about a 1/4 of them. And you're right, the cutest thing in the world was the gift from Carson!! I love that kid! That made me laugh so hard.
Nice.....I love the posts. You need to post more often. I love reading them.
You look hot in a bathrobe. :)
your friend's wedding cake looks amazing! wow. so much fun to be had in utah! so glad you were able to come home and spend some time with the fam. so good to see you! how are things going back in PA?
Post a Comment