Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Hawaii: Week One

I'm a little slow at getting around to posting about our trip to Hawaii. Jeff's parents were nice enough to take us to Hawaii. It was quite the vacation. I tried to write down the things we did each day so I'd have an easier time recapping the two weeks we spent there. I will start with week one.

The first week we spent in Waikiki. This is more of the touristy area where all the shops and crazy people are. I could spend hours just watching people... there really are some weird people in this world. We arrived in Hawaii Saturday morning around 11. (3:00 Utah time) I was so tired that day I fell asleep at 7:30! We stayed in the Marriot right on the beach and we had a blast. Here are some pictures from the first week. Stay tuned for week 2!

The first look at Waikiki Beach

We had lunch/dinner at the Cheesecake Factory. We look pretty nasty because we had been on the plane all day! We were killing some time before we could check into our hotel.

This is the Sunday brunch we went to at some really fancy hotel. I've never seen so much food, the food was delicious!
Pretty sunset at Waikiki

View from Jeff's parent's hotel room... amazing!

Arizona Memorial at Pearl Harbor.
Picture off the Arizona Memorial, you can see the sunken remains of the ship... you can still see oil leaking out of it.

Me and Kathie at the Punchbowl crater.

This is at Punchbowl where many of the WWII veterans are buried.

Go Hawaii! Haha
Dinner at Hale'iwa Joe's... very nice setting.

Hanauma Bay... this is one of the places Jeff and I went snorkeling. We had a blast!

This is Jeff laying out. haha. Actually, we were walking back from lunch and happened upon this lovely treat.


... make that two lovely treats. :) Oh... the man-thong.


View from the balcony of our hotel. Right behind me to the right is where I went surfing.



Another shot off the balcony.

Me being me....


We went to dinner at Sam Choy's with Todd and his wife. Todd is a beach boy at Waikiki and has been Tony's surfing buddy for years. He is the one that taught me to surf. He must have been a pretty good teacher because I got up on my first time! It was awesome!

This is me, Jeff, and his niece Nikki at the Dole Pineapple Plantation. We had some really yummy pineapple floats! Mmmm.... Nikki is stationed in Hawaii in the Air Force and was able to spend a couple of days with us.

Do the Hula!

We fed the fish at the Pineapple Plantation, you'd think they'd never seen food before!

5 comments:

Nells-Bells said...

Love the pics, Kimi! Especially the man-thong. Classic. We saw too many of those in Thailand. Seriously do not understand it. Looks like you had a blast!

Missy W. said...

Those fish were so funny. They would throw themselves up on the shore to get the food. It was kind of sick actually! I love the man thong eeeeeeewwwwwwwww

Post more photos.

laci said...

You never told me you went surfing. That is radical. You were smart to write stuff down. Sometimes you think that all the vacation stuff is too fun to ever forget, but then you do. Good job. P.s. I got that lotion yesterday! Thanks again, you will be getting a payment shortly...

Nick and Leila said...

You two are so cute together. I love the pictures! I am totally jealous. I love Hawaii. How fun!

Nemesis said...

Okay, the red thong guy? I swear I saw him too. Which is why I am now blind.