This is part of the golf course right by the condo.
The view of one of the swimming pools looking down from our balcony.
Arriving at the condo.....and the view from the lobby.
Outside the condo....Jeff didn't want to get in the pictures with me. I think I wore him out the first week with all the pictures.
See? Just me again at the lagoon outside our condo.
Playing Phase 10. I mean "winning" at Phase 10. :) This is the only game we could get Tony & Kathie to play with us....Oh, and golf. We played it a lot.
Just before church. We went an hour early/late....who starts church at 8:00, 10:00, and 12:00???
Chief Sielu doing his fire-knife dance at the "Fia Fia" luau.
Jeff and I at dinner on our 1 year anniversary. We made it our first year! Thanks Jeff for putting up with me! You are such a great husband! I love you!
Me and Kathie at the condo. We got Lei'd! Haha!
Me being me....again. :)
Jeff and Tony.....apparently the got lei'd too.
We went to turtle beach and saw tons of sea turtles. We were able to get real close to some...it was awesome.
They were huge and they didn't seem to mind that we were right there.
My friends think Jeff looks like Ariel from the Little Mermaid in this picture. They didn't even notice the turtle!
I was talking on the phone to my friend Laci and before I knew it Jeff had completely buried me in sand.
I had to get off the phone so he could finish his work.
The pretty sunset we were able to catch during a luau at our condo.
Here is another one...
Jeff is proud of this picture. He took it off our balcony...what a photographer!
Here I am at Sunset Beach on the Pipeline. We made a quick stop to check out the waves on our way up to the Polynesian Cultural Center.
Here is another picture of the temple. Notice how hazy it is. This is how it was for the last few days because a volcano was erupting on another island.


We met Jeff's mission companion and his wife at Waimea Bay. I mentioned earlier that the waves got big here. Well, here you go. Jeff claims they can get twice this size. Look at Jeff's face in the picture, it makes me laugh. :)
Here is a better angled picture of the waves. You can get a better idea of how big they were. I'll admit... I was too chicken to get in the water, Jeff thinks I was a wuss, but I don't care, I wasn't about to get taken out by those things! People were getting wiped out all over the place! It is a good thing Jeff had his companion with him to play in the waves. I will post some videos of this later.
Dinner on the golf course at the condo. We watched the Jazz lose to the Lakers here....poor Jazz.
Me and my Aunt Vicky hangin out by the pool. Her and my Uncle Don happened to be staying at the same resort at the exact same time as us. Crazy! It was fun hanging out with them in Hawaii.
Jeff's companion, Paula Nonu and his wife Lose, came down to the condo and hung out with us for a day. They are both from Tonga and are currently going to school in Hawaii. It was fun to meet them. My uncle Don played water basketball with them....he took my spot because I wasn't much of a match for the three of them!
The Nonus and the Wegeners
One last picture before we took off to the airport....such a sad day. We weren't looking forward to the LONG flight home!! We flew all night and arrived back in Logan around 1:00 pm... what a long day! A BIG THANK YOU TO TONY AND KATHIE FOR TAKING US TO HAWAII WITH THEM! We appreciate all you did to make the trip a memorable one! We'll never forget it! Jeff would like to add....Aloha...and Mahalo. :)



2 comments:
I am so jealous it looks like you had a blast. What great in-laws you have!
That trip looks so awesome! Will Jeff's parents please adopt Benji already?! JK I especially loved the pics of the man-thong tanners. And tell Jeff that my history of Memorial day was kind of a Barb comment :). I thought that was funny.
Post a Comment