Wednesday, January 12, 2011

10 Months

Disclaimer:  I know these posts are boring but I know I'll appreciate it when my next baby comes around and I'm wanting to compare.  So this post is for the grandmas and anyone else who is bored enough to want to read this.

Today my little monkey is TEN months old!  Just two more months and he's going to be one!  Crazy!  He is starting to act and look more grown up every day.  He's not my little baby anymore!  It makes me happy to see the little boy he is turning in to, but it makes me sad to see him grow up so fast.  I miss the days of snuggling him while he'd sleep for hours in my arms.

Trey is getting more and more independent every day.  In fact he is starting to get a little bit of an attitude if we don't let him do what he wants or let him put everything that he wants into his mouth.  And trust me, that's just about everything.

He was so much fun to take to Utah.  I stressed and stressed that he would have a hard time adjusting to so many new people and to all the craziness of the holidays... since our days here are rather dull with just the two of us.... But he absolutely LOVED all of the attention he got from everyone!!   And he also loved going places, which has made the transition coming home much more difficult.  This kid thrives on attention and once he gets it, he is all smiles.  You may think I'm exaggerating but I can't tell you how many people have told me they have never seen such a smiley baby.  And it's true.... he will smile for just about anyone....  people in the grocery store, people on the plane, people at church, people at the USU games... you name it.  And the funny part is, you don't even have to be trying to make him smile, he just does! Sometimes I think he just stares at people waiting for them to look at him....  and as soon as they do, he gives them the biggest open mouth grin you've ever seen.  It's enough to brighten anyone's day.  :)  It makes me so happy to see him so happy. 

In general, Trey is a pretty contented baby.  He is pretty good at sitting by himself on the floor playing with his toys, which makes it nice when I need to get stuff done.  But don't get me wrong, Trey definitely has his moments.... like yesterday for instance when he whined all day for no apparent reason (or at least that I could see).  We picked him up... he whined... we set him down... he whined... we took him outside.... he was happy.  And the routine continued.... The problem is that it is 20 degrees here and FREEZING so going outside for longer than 5 or 10 minutes is NOT an option.  Poor kid.  He just wants to be doing something!  Summer better get here quick! 

Trey is starting to understand certain words.... He understands "No" and will often test our patience to see if he can get away with whatever he is doing.  He also understands "look."  Jeff pointed this out to me the other day...  Sometimes if you say Trey, he won't look at you.  But as soon as you say "Look!",  he will quickly turn his head.  Funny how that works.  He knows what, bye bye means when I say, "should we go bye bye?"  and he knows what outside means because every time I say, "do you want to go outside?"  he gets all excited and starts kicking his feet... same with, "are you hungry?"  I am sure there are plenty of other words and phrases he understands that I haven't quite picked up on but it sure is fun to see him starting to understand a few things.

He has really started babbling a lot lately.  Dadadadada.... is one of his more common "babbling words."  Still not ma-ma yet... but I am working on it.  He also is good at giving kisses when he is in the mood.  Only his kisses are open mouthed and wet.  Kind of like Jeffs.  hehehe. :)

Whenever Trey wants something, like to be picked up, or more food, or when he gets really excited.... he does this really fast circular hand wrist motion.... I don't know how else to explain it.   I guess you just have to see it.

Trey is easily humored by the game peek-a-boo.  It will entertain him for some time.

He still hasn't quite mastered the whole sleeping through the night yet... (and by that I mean 12 hours straight).  His longest is 11 hours.  I really don't mind him waking up once around 6 or 7 to eat because then I'm usually guaranteed another 2 or 3 hours of sleep.  His naps lately have been great.  He takes a morning and an afternoon nap that both average around an hour and a half.  Although lately we've been having to wake him up from his naps because he sleeps too long!  I love naps!

Trey is still trying to figure out how to crawl.  It's been a work in progress.  I thought for sure he'd learn to crawl while we were in Utah, but alas, he is still trying to master that skill........  You can tell he REALLY wants to crawl but he just can't figure out how to go forward.  He can go backwards but that sometimes just frustrates him.  As nice as it's been not having to chase him around everywhere, especially while we were in Utah, I am now ready for him to crawl.  He is to the point where he is getting grumpy because he wants to move but can't.  He's also discovered that he can pull himself up on things... and just in the past couple of weeks he tries to climb up on EVERYTHING! 

Have I mentioned Trey loves music??  Well he does.  In Utah we discovered that when he gets grumpy in the car, if you give him a phone or an i-pod that plays music he will hardly make a peep.  Brilliant.  It was, and still is a huge life saver at times.

He has always been a good eater.  Go figure.  He has tried all sorts of new foods and will pretty much eat whatever we put in front of him.  Except drink from a sippy cup...  ahh!!  What is a mother to do!!??

We are so grateful to have such a fun and happy little boy!  We just love him to pieces!  

Well I have lots of new pics and a video to post but I left my camera cord that connects to the computer in Utah.  So as soon as I receive it in the mail I will post some 9 month pics and a video..... as well as catch up on the last month of our happenings....

No comments: