Kimi wanted me to update the blog with the good news so here it is….Trey Anthony Wegener was born yesterday, March 12, 2010, at 6:08 p.m.He weighs in at a hefty 9 lbs. 7 oz and is 21 inches long. We’re so excited to finally be able to hold him.He must have been pretty squished in there because as soon as they cleaned him up and put him down under the heat lamp he just sprawled out and went to sleep like he was on the beach.
Yesterday carried with it so many emotions for me.Four years ago to the day, I was sitting in the Logan tabernacle listening to Elder Ballard, a modern day prophet, speak to our stake, when I got a text from my brother….KIMI HAS BEEN IN AN ACCIDENTCALL ME. Kimi and I had been dating for a while and despite recently breaking up still spent time together. She was going to southern Utah with some friends for spring break and got in a serious wreck. When I got this text, emotions that I didn’t know I had came to the surface. It was then that I realized that I cared much more about Kimi than I thought I did.The thought of losing her and the thought of her in pain was heartbreaking. I ran down to the Provo hospital with one of her friends and saw her….she was in so much pain, black and blue all over, swollen. Thankfully, everyone survived and recovered but that moment was a pivotal moment in our relationship. I realized that I loved Kimi.I did not TRY to love Kimi but I DID…. and no matter what happened in our crazy dating experience, I always remembered those emotions that I had….that I loved her.
March 12, 2006 set a course which has taken us to where we are now.Four years later to the day…another extremely painful day for Kimi….another pivotal day in our relationship….and just like in that pivotal moment four years ago… yesterday when I saw my son for the first time I had a realization of love that I didn’t know I could have. I realized I loved him unconditionally...I did not TRY to love him...I just DID. Welcome home Trey!
Congrats you guys! That is so awesome and he is so cute! That so cool and you guys are going to be awesome parents to that little guy. Good Luck with everything!
Great post Jeff!! I didn't realize he was born the same day as her wreck. CRAZY!! I am glad he got here safe and sound. I wish I was there to squeeze him. He is so adorable!!!
Aw how cute! I remember that accident. That was really scary. But what an amazing thing to change the importance of that date and make it even more special. Congrats on your little guy! He's such a sweetie!
Wow, Jeff. Pretty much made me cry with that post! Trey is so cute!! We are so excited for you guys. I am so glad we live close enough to come visit. He and Stella are going to be great friends!!
Congrats! We're so glad to finally see him. Also, we loved your post, Jeff. Benji says you are quite the "blogger extraordinaire"! We are so happy for you guys--keep posting!
Yeah, yeah! Glad everything went well, he sure is a cutie! And so big- way to go Kimi! I really like the name Trey and would have considered it myself, if my name weren't Traci... ha. Well good luck and have fun, they grow so so fast!
Gosh Jeff, you've pretty much got me in tears. What a great post! So glad Trey made it safely. Kimi, you look amazing with your little guy. Again, he is adorable. Can't wait to see him in person. CONGRATS!!!
Jeff you made me cry! Isn't LOVE amazing! WE can't wait to meet you sweet little one. Congratulations, we love you guys! He is so handsome - of course!
Jeff, you captured the experience very well with words :) And Kimi, you look gorgeous! You guys have a very cute little guy, sorry to hear the labor was hard. Maybe it is a good thing birth isn't too easy, it makes us appreciate sweet little things like Trey even more! Anyway, we can't wait to see this little man for ourselves and hope the recovery is going well!
Wow, Jeff and Kimi--he is gorgeous!! I love the picture of him sprawled out under the heat lamp. My babies usually stay curled up for a few weeks, so it's so cute to see him stretching out :) Jeff--what a sweet post! It's amazing how much you can love this little person you just met, isn't it? And it just grows and grows from there. Congrats!!!!
Yes that accident was intense and it's interesting that trey's birth fell on the 4 year anniversary of that accident. It was great to have you in the hospital with me after the accident kim, wish i could have been there with you again! But yay for baby trey. you guys will be amazing parents. give trey a hug for me :)
Wow. What a sweet post. That's way cool how Jeff remembered the day "that was a pivotal" moment in your relationship and that it was a similar experience four years later. Congrats you guys. He really is a beautiful baby and it was so good to see you guys yesterday!
Wow, Jeff, that post made it a little dusty in my apartment. I hope my brother doesn't see me like this as he is just leaving for class and we're already done for the day haha. That was a beautiful story and so well written. It also gave me an affirmation that I can look forward to something like that in my own life. Congrats again!
CONGRATS!!! So glad he finally decided to come:) It's crazy we were due on the same day and our boys are almost a month apart. He is so adorable! Hope you are feeling well. Jeff, loved the blog you wrote...so sweet!
What a sweet post! Kimi, I think Jeff is a keeper! And congrats to you both. Kimi, you're amazing! That was a big baby you carried! I hope all is well!
34 comments:
What a beautiful post, Jeff! It really is an amazing experience to witness the birth of a child.
He is perfect and precious! Congratulations to you guys!
Congrats you guys! That is so awesome and he is so cute! That so cool and you guys are going to be awesome parents to that little guy. Good Luck with everything!
Congratulations! He is beautiful. What an amazing blessing.
Aww what a sweet post Jeff! He sure is a cutie! Congrats to you both! :)
What a beautiful little doll. I am so happy for the two of you. Jeff that was one of the sweetest posts I've ever read. Beautiful.
Congrats you guys!! He is a handsome boy! Hope mom is recovering well and you guys enjoy these precious moments with your new little one!
Great post Jeff!! I didn't realize he was born the same day as her wreck. CRAZY!! I am glad he got here safe and sound. I wish I was there to squeeze him. He is so adorable!!!
Aw how cute! I remember that accident. That was really scary. But what an amazing thing to change the importance of that date and make it even more special. Congrats on your little guy! He's such a sweetie!
love the photos! Kimi, you'd better be taking it easy for the next few weeks!
Wow, Jeff. Pretty much made me cry with that post! Trey is so cute!! We are so excited for you guys. I am so glad we live close enough to come visit. He and Stella are going to be great friends!!
Congrats! We're so glad to finally see him. Also, we loved your post, Jeff. Benji says you are quite the "blogger extraordinaire"! We are so happy for you guys--keep posting!
Yeah, yeah! Glad everything went well, he sure is a cutie! And so big- way to go Kimi!
I really like the name Trey and would have considered it myself, if my name weren't Traci... ha.
Well good luck and have fun, they grow so so fast!
Gosh Jeff, you've pretty much got me in tears. What a great post! So glad Trey made it safely. Kimi, you look amazing with your little guy. Again, he is adorable. Can't wait to see him in person. CONGRATS!!!
Jeff you made me cry! Isn't LOVE amazing! WE can't wait to meet you sweet little one. Congratulations, we love you guys! He is so handsome - of course!
Jeff, that post was perfect. Very good job. And Kimi, I can't wait to hear the rest of the story. Congrats again you two!
Jeff, you captured the experience very well with words :) And Kimi, you look gorgeous! You guys have a very cute little guy, sorry to hear the labor was hard. Maybe it is a good thing birth isn't too easy, it makes us appreciate sweet little things like Trey even more! Anyway, we can't wait to see this little man for ourselves and hope the recovery is going well!
Congratulations Kimi, he is absolutely adorable! Glad he arrived safe and sound.
Porter had the exact same stats for height and weight, 9 lbs 7 ozs is a lot of baby so way to go!
Congrats guys! How exciting!
Congrats you guys! What a cute and BIG boy! Have fun!!!
wow jeff you brought me to tears! congrats you guys! i'm so excited for you! trey is beautiful!
Jeff, you are so sweet. I am so happy for you two. He is beautiful, kimi...i'm sorry that you had to deliver a 9lbs baby
Wow, Jeff and Kimi--he is gorgeous!! I love the picture of him sprawled out under the heat lamp. My babies usually stay curled up for a few weeks, so it's so cute to see him stretching out :) Jeff--what a sweet post! It's amazing how much you can love this little person you just met, isn't it? And it just grows and grows from there. Congrats!!!!
Yes that accident was intense and it's interesting that trey's birth fell on the 4 year anniversary of that accident. It was great to have you in the hospital with me after the accident kim, wish i could have been there with you again! But yay for baby trey. you guys will be amazing parents. give trey a hug for me :)
Wow. What a sweet post. That's way cool how Jeff remembered the day "that was a pivotal" moment in your relationship and that it was a similar experience four years later. Congrats you guys. He really is a beautiful baby and it was so good to see you guys yesterday!
Wow, Jeff, that post made it a little dusty in my apartment. I hope my brother doesn't see me like this as he is just leaving for class and we're already done for the day haha. That was a beautiful story and so well written. It also gave me an affirmation that I can look forward to something like that in my own life. Congrats again!
He is so cute! Congrats! Big babies are way better than small ones :)! PS. Jeff, I may have cried a little bit when I read your post.
You are so sweet Jeff. It's funny how the Lord brings us together.
P.S. You're baby is adorable!! I loved holding him yesterday. You guys are going to be GREAT parents!
Congrats, he's so cute! And HUGE!!! I'm still in awe at what a big baby he ended up being, Kimi you're my hero!! I can't wait to meet him!!
Congrats Jeff and Kimi! He is a doll!
Congratulations! I can't believe what a big guy he is! Kimi I hope you are recovering okay...
Our thoughts are with you.
He's beautiful, guys! Congrats!
We love you guys!! What a handsome little guy! Great post Jeff...
CONGRATS!!! So glad he finally decided to come:) It's crazy we were due on the same day and our boys are almost a month apart. He is so adorable! Hope you are feeling well. Jeff, loved the blog you wrote...so sweet!
What a sweet post! Kimi, I think Jeff is a keeper! And congrats to you both. Kimi, you're amazing! That was a big baby you carried! I hope all is well!
Post a Comment